Mishaps

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

Coarse language.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The shrill in her voice provoked my eyes to widen of their own accord.

My worst fear had inevitably ensued.

I stared bewildered into the eyes which I thought were filled with mystery and interest, soon evolving into the vision of a satanic demon. My thoughts froze and I tolerated the heat wave that descended over my skin. The hairs on the back of my neck stood when suddenly a pair of slim arms forcefully wrapped themselves around my torso. I released a strangled noise between fury and desperation, lost in the sudden events occurring.

Pushing and violently shoving against the stranger's slightly taller body, I harshly released myself out of the hold and whipped around to face my attacker.

With brown eyes and bronzed skin, he too would've been considered handsome but thought otherwise as a permanent scowled adored his features. An abundance of tattoos showered down his arms and his outfit barely registered a safe appearance.

Dressed in a white wife-beater and black cargo pants with brown boots, he underestimated my strength by lingering without his guard up. A voice startled my ears and I listened to the sudden teachings, the ones I'd repeated a multitude of times during our training.

"Guard up Valerie, one step ahead of your opponent."

My guard arose. I glanced at my fist, aware my body had already accepted the dangerous circumstances. Before the attacker could proudly complete the formation of his satanic smirk, I lunged towards him.

My flats crunched against the gravel while leg muscles tensed, prepared. He stood before me, a mocking nod of his head while his hands gestured for me to take the first strike. Surprising him, I swung a strong punch directly in line with his nose and caused a cracking sound to surround us. He stumbled back hissing in pain, a hand covering his nose with the yelps of surprise.

The blood seeped through his fingers and he glimpsed down at his hand in astonishment, turning his attention away on an opponent.

Me.

Without pausing, I spun around and produced a strong roundhouse back kick, growling with anger. The smack landed on his cheek, causing him to suddenly sway to the side with a couple of curse words and grunts escaping his lips.

He straightened his head before shaking the dizziness away, narrowing his eyes in pure fury at the sudden blows. It didn't bother me.

"Concentrate. Allow them no upper-hand, your opponent must remain weaker than you."

He up-righted himself, satanically lunging with a growl in the direction of my torso and I sidestepped. My knee elevated and smacked against his neck, in enough force for him to produce a choke sound. I caught hold of his arm and twisted it entirely into a chicken wing position, forcefully arching his back. I swung my leg up high and stomped my foot on his lower back. He screamed in agony when his arm curved in an uncomfortable way, but evidence of no particular damage.

I was relieved that I'd initiated some more pain.  

Uninterruptedly twisting his arm further, I kneed him in the gut. He doubled over in pain and I didn't hesitate to knee him again in rapid speed until he stumbled onto his knees.

I released my hold and he groaned, shoving me away while harshly falling onto his back.

Without a thought, I successfully straddled him and pulled back my fist, throwing powerful punches directly in his face. His blocks lagged and he groaned every time I planted a painful impact. When he seemed too hazy to respond, I stood up wiping my nose along my arm. My eyes burned fiercely and I ignored the message of falling into a deep rack of sobs.