Unpredicted Disclosure

"I feel like a toad."

"Why?" I frowned from the front seat.

Rahul coughed a sound close to disbelief and constipation. I looked over my shoulder at his appearance that was far too comical. "Look at me you baboon! Is this fat suit necessary? What if I need to run away? I wouldn't make it two metres down the driveway before they shoot me in the head or my ass. Besides, these layers helping." Rahul blabbered frantically and I puffed my lips, staring straight through the taxi windshield I had been chauffeuring. Thankfully it was working very well with concealing my identity.

Now fifty minutes later, parked a block from Zylen's single story home, I leaned in my seat and watched Azalea work at straightening the professional black skirt and blazer fitted expertly against her body that I had freely ordered from Belleza under an average name.

The black rimmed glasses and high ponytail Azalea sported was enough to shut Rahul's mouth every time she adjusted in her seat. Of course she was hating the whole idea but it was the perfect form from disguising her against DeCicco's men.

"You'll be fine." I answered, losing track of what Rah had said.

"I can't feel my legs. Why do I have to look fat?"

I rubbed a hand down my face, pulling the black long sleeves up to my elbows. "It raises less suspicion. If you walk up to the doorstep looking strong, there's a chance they'll realise you're not a salesman but a strong, handsome, young Soldier known as Rahul." I sweetened, catching an amused smile from Azalea as she stared at the house. "They'll feel threatened and kick you to the curb before you start your dialogues."

I looked through the rear view mirror, finding a droll stare. "I'm going to get my ass handed to me."

I looked away and bit my lip, holding back a little laugh.

"Rahul would you please, relax. You need to keep them distracted that's all. It's best if we keep everything on a low profile, so the neighbours don't get the police involved. Remember this fight goes beyond local. It's an international affair." Azalea reasoned, opening the door before hopping out, her heels clacking against the gravelled road.

Rahul sighed, questioning. "Why not do the opposite? Run in with guns before firing like crazy. Bashing them to a pulp."

I looked up at the mirror again. "And if Zylen's family gets hurt then? We have no idea where they're kept in that house. Remember DeCicco's men are all on orders. If Zylen makes it back to his boss alive with me or just vanishes in thin air within the next say," I looked down at the imaginary watch on my wrist, "the moment you finally get your pretty little ass to the front door, he's screwed. DeCicco is much smarter than to believe Zylen isn't corrupted."

Rahul frowned, the perfectly button nose disguised on his face twitching. "What's it to you?"

I closed my eyes, my patience wearing thin. "Nothing. Now hurry up and go."

He grumbled for a few seconds, kicking open the door with more force than needed before hopping out and adjusting the large waistband of his trousers. Now that I thought about it, the quick order of Azalea and Rahul's outfit were a surprise. One request and they were parked in my lap.

I changed the gears on the car before falling back on the road and stepping on the accelerator. Turning on the curb of the neighbour's house, I slowed down and killed engine. I parked under an abandoned willow tree that threatened to have its roots ripped from the ground the moment a bird sat on its branches.

I hopped out, my black sneakers cushioning my steps. I dashed up the driveway of the neighbour's house, swinging open the white picket fence. I snuck past the overgrown grass and collection of useless garage junk that may have been picked up from another neighbour's lawn. I sprinted to the far end where the lining of an old wooden fence separated the land in two. I peeked over, scanning the backyard that happened to be empty. I was currently trespassing and that particular fact was starting to raise the hairs on my neck.