Cruel revelations

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

Some coarse language.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sunday, 26th October, 6:34pm

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?"

My vision prolonged to stare at the stranger that wheezed for a struggled breath of air. My groggy thoughts reversed and debated whether I was suffering from delusions or in fact heard what I thought I had. The man in my arms stared at me wearily, perhaps pondering whether he'd gotten the right person or not. But then again, who would freeze in a matter like this by a random name.

The emergency line beeped then voiced again, jolting me back to reality. Ignoring what I'd misheard and struggling against the tough blockage inside my throat, I twitched my lips in preparation of spilling my sentence. A couple of times before my mind updated, support returned for my voice box and I blinked gripping onto the device a lot tighter.

"I need an ambulance." I spoke shakily, re-inspecting my surroundings in case of any danger.

A couple seconds later, a male officer spoke and I remained unrelieved despite the fact I was speaking to an actual person. "What is your address of emergency?"

I tremblingly told him the address of Clea's apartment and the closest empty field nearby.

"His been shot! I tried to stop the bleeding, but I don't know whether it's working or not -"

Suddenly my gaze focused back onto the male's face and I realised how swiftly his eyes were closing, this time. "Fuck! NO-NO! Wake up!" I continued to slap his cheek, ignoring the officer on the phone. Harshly placing my hand over his chest in search of his heart, I paused when the rapid beats thumped beneath my palm. I waited with battered breaths for his re-emergence into the conscious world, hoping that whoever this stranger was would make it. He resuscitated a choked breath while I persisted to slap him across the cheek. He wheezed before gulping heavily, gripping onto the tender spot in his stomach. I removed his hand and he whimpered, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. I sighed heavily, readjusting my phone to hear what the man was saying, looking around.

"Yes he's awake." I answered and repeated every necessary detail. "He's a young male perhaps twenty five or twenty six – I'm not sure completely. I just found him in this position – I don't know him -!"

"Valerie."

The stranger in my arms coughed and shockingly seized my attention once again. My conscious grew well aware that I wasn't suffering from hearing problems and my entire focus turned to the helpless soul lying in my arms, who was seconds away from embracing death and its ways.

"Who- how do you know my name?" I questioned, parting my phone away from my ear.

"Your f- father."

A heavy wave of heat swarmed my body and my head decided to spin in an instance. The device slipped from my palms. The line disconnected with a beep-like noise but I shockingly didn't shift to accompany another phone call, too concerned at the newfound revelation. His weary words processed my mind and I suddenly gasped in great shock when he nodded - true to his words.

How did he know my father? How does he recognise me? I had never seen this man before nor had my father ever mentioned to me about this guy. What in the world is going on? Jonathon had barely any mates, only a few close relatives but we had moved away from them, no longer in contact. Apart from Alex, if there were more knowable people then why hadn't they moved to make a personal appearance before? I would have appreciated the help to learn more about my father's death. The truth about his death. More questions invaded my brain and I was inches away from screaming at the top of lungs, worrying whether anyone would even hear. I cradled his head in my lap and strained for a clear mind.