Lost

"What?" Rahul questioned in misunderstanding, stepping up to me.

I shook my head at no one in specific, gesturing for everyone to calmly wait so I could interpret the situation. "I'll make the explanation clear enough later, alright? If I don't make it back in time, get yourself out of here and make it to the Baymont alleyway in the middle of New York City. I'll find you guys there."

Commander huffed a laugh, looking at the ground. "We're going to fight."

I grit my teeth together, staring in disbelief.

Rahul and Azalea nodded, standing in front of me with an upright assurance of their decision. I stared at each one, drawing a more than pissed off expression at their stupidity. Just when I began to form a string of orders for their oblivious idiocy, I paused and regarded the disturbance in my chest, alerting me with a rash ray of contentment. I couldn't help but feel the relief of the following lunatics staying behind because I was very well aware of not having my bearings straight throughout the plan. I sighed and jutted out my chin, posing an annoyed expression. "Fine, if you want to get involved and make me more pissed than I already am, then be my guest." I opened my arms, just in time to see Commander pull out a handgun from his boot and toss it at me.

I caught it with surprise before listening to command. "Teach them a lesson."

I nodded with a potential smirk I've seen on many bad boys, twisting around before exiting the garage and re-joining the front of the base where the Cadets that were once lined, we're now trekking with backpacks, seen easily through the gaps of trees and slowly beginning to camouflage against nature. I ducked my head and made a straight beeline towards the staircase of the Commander's cabin, blending in with my good nature. I took the steps in time for a voice to stop me and instantly the sparks of my anger were affirmatively erupting.

"Aye Galarza!"

I grit my teeth and retracted my hand that warmed the door knob. I spun around and regarded the arrogant countenance I had taught a great lesson to. "What's up Reilly?"

"The hell you think you're doing?" He spoke straight onto the point.

I shrugged with a smile that I had never produced before. It was like my body was beginning to accept evil charms and wits than the average honesty and merits. "Just gotta grab something for the Commander."

He raised his eyebrows like a challenge was already sitting on the starting line. "You can't do that without an authorized personnel."

I huffed, walking down the steps before stopping halfway and folding my arms behind my back. "Let's just say I'm authorized enough." I tilted my head with a Cheshire smile before spinning around half way and pausing at the power in his voice.

"If you step in to that office, I'm going to call the Lieutenant." He threatened, his posture slightly upright and his head tilted with an arrogantly threatening smile.

Something ticked inside of me. I turned till I once again faced him, bending over till I was a mere inch from his face. My expressions fell and I could feel the rage igniting my fingertips and toes when the expression of his increased, realising he'd hit me in some sensitive spot.

"And if you don't vanish from my sight, I'm going to make the next fly kick break that pretty little nose of yours."

I grit out with a fearful expression, the absences of twitches from fear. He frowned at me, like the move had made him uncertain and quite scared, rethinking whether he should abide with his threat or move on without conscious of my invasion in a Commander's cabin. "Beat it."

He instantly moved his feet, pacing backwards with a stumble and I followed, stepping into the office with a twist of a doorknob.

I headed straight to his study desk, opening the top drawer and shuffling through the writing utensils before slamming it shut with a clatter. I glanced at the door and opened the second drawer, instantly greeted by a black envelope neatly tucked into the A4 sized drawer without a crease. I lifted it up and turned it over, F.V.O neatly written in cursive writing. I began to shove it into the back of my singlet. I closed the drawer with my hip and almost turned away until a picture on the desk caught my eye. I stared at the woman in black and white who smiled at the camera with a palm resting under her chin. I gulped, raking my eyes over her short black hair and round face, bright brown eyes and small smile. I picked the frame, smiling at it before turning it over, reading the writing on the back.

For you.

I stepped out of the office with a hazy frown on my face. I quickly skipped down the steps, ignoring the longing thought of the woman in the photo before looking around. Doing a double take, I noticed Reilly and a bunch of sergeant guards in khaki uniforms and maroon berets strolling towards me with rifles sidling them. He instantly pointed at me and my lips parted into a sneer, the handle of the pistol tucked in my waist band immediately warming up within my palms. "Son of a bitch!" I cussed.

I hopped out of the cabin and ran for the docks, the boots on my feet loudly clattering against the floor. "Someone stop her!" I ignored the sound of Reilly's voice, cussing loudly to him as I ran as fast as I could. I passed the warehouse where Cadets were practising the safety of weapons and I huffed a breath when I heard a threat from the sergeant. "Stand down immediately!"

"Argh!" I screamed, pulling a bewildered expression when gun shots tackled the heel of my boots. I continued to run until I met the entrance of the garage where the four I had left idled beside the jeep, their visions tracking the entrance with great scrutiny. I waved my arms around like a lunatic, running with all my might. The Commander stared at me a frown on his face, before the sound of heavier boots neared behind me, clarifying all the curiosity of my friends. "Go! Go! Go!"

Bernard hopped into the driver's seat and sped out, the wheels of the jeep screeching against the concrete floor before staining a black skid mark. I watched with shifting eyes as Azalea and Rahul scampered into the back of the jeep before opening the door wide open and holding out their hands, the wind harsh enough to cause their hair to wallop. I sped up close enough to graze her fingers but not enough hold on to it and cursed out loud when the sound of the sergeant's feet behind me grew louder. Approaching the dirt road, I ran as my breaths began to falter and my legs began to cramp. I could hear the Commander screaming at me to run faster, releasing his foot off the accelerator as the car slowed down. I twisted an arm around and cried with regretful yelp, blindly firing my handgun and regretting once I heard a grunt, the sound of boots slowly faltering. I grabbed onto Rahul's hand and he dragged me closer. I grunted with relief, my boots climbing the edge of the jeep as I hopped in. Breathing heavily. I rested my head against the plastic window, huffing like my life was about to slip through my very own fingers. I looked out the window and gulped, watching the sergeant roll onto his back and hold his knee before groaning in pain, a patch of blood slowly forming on his khaki coloured service pants. I hunched over and my head almost met Rahul's knees. I coughed until my heart was satisfied and groaned at the touch against my spine that smoothly enjoyed the caress. I straightened and wiped the back of my hand against my face before struggling to hop over the seat the stranger occupied. Stepping over the console and sidling in the passenger's seat beside the Commander in a clumsy manner.

"Commander?" I huffed, and he instantly slapped a hand over my shoulder, giving it a quick nudge and grunt of excellency.

"Soldier?" He passed me lopsided smile.

"Is there a phone in here?" I struggled out, sinking in my seat

His eyes darted to the centre console and instantly he pointed at it. "Yeah."

I nodded. "Good. Get rid of it."

"What?" He frowned, quickly switching his sight between the road and myself.

Picking up the phone, I yanked it out of its slot and regarded a small blue light on the underside. Thoroughly squeezing it out, I crushed it in my hand and flung the pieces out of the window with my good arm before the cord phone followed. Sitting back, my chest rose and fell with struggled breaths. I almost wheezed and groaned at the mere sight of the weaponry in my hand. Switching the safety on before placing it on the dash with the nightmares of actually shooting someone. "There's a tracker in everything, nowadays."

Commander sighed, before throwing a hand in his hair. "Where are we heading?"

I considered his words, then twisted till I was straight in my seat. "Just keep driving."

I yanked out the package in back, the corners scrapping my skin red.