Hope

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Something was wrong.

Something was terribly wrong.

DeCicco's exit que provided the deadliest chills to slither down my spine and if I knew any better, I'd say he was referring that to be my last meeting with anyone.

Forever.

Everything decided to bombard my brain at once and I wanted nothing more but to slap myself, calming my overworked mind. If Jonathon were in my position, he would've reacted rationally but my thoughts had proceeded ahead of me, revealing my fear physically. I repeatedly resolved the options within my brain and reminded myself to get a grip.

First initial thought had been to attack DeCicco, but even Jonathon wouldn't have been stupid enough to react in such way. Despite all the climax of each scenario, I maintained all focus on my escape and to find Andrea.

Fast.

As I processed all that information, my mind reeled to Axl and suddenly, I froze.

Out of all the safety precautions, I felt betrayed by my own self as Axl hadn't once crossed my mind. DeCicco never mentioned anything about Axl so I immediately sort relief but didn't underestimate what the man was capable of. I felt my hopes bubble with anticipation about Axl's safety and gently crossed my fingers over the table.  

Two men approached me on either side of the table and I recognised one to be Rodrigo, the same who had moved to snap me like a twig at my outburst upon DeCicco. Aware he'd definitely sort revenge now, I evened my breaths and suddenly everything seemed to position into place. 

My shaky hands stilled, my posture relaxed and my tense facial muscles eased, a perfect straight line touching my lips. My reaction had unexpectedly caused Rodrigo to arch a brow and I avoided eye contact, staring straight ahead without a twitch of anxiety. No more men appeared from the darkness and I accepted that we were alone.

Accepting the risk, I flung my arms in surrender. Rodrigo and Machete finally rounded and gripped each of my arms lightly. I was surprised by their resolve, their assumption of handling the situation without having to contain this frisky ball of energy and her violent actions.

Even with Antonio's beautiful face painting, it seemed I hadn't proved enough.

The thought caused me to frown and I secretly took offense at the fact of my so-called 'weak temptation.' Both men possessed abnormally large hands and it prevailed no confidence, to come out of the war with the upper hand. But despite my assumptions, I needed to cause some damage to achieve freedom.

They lifted me off my seat and I rationally agreed for them to treat me like a rag doll until I found the right time. Once distancing almost a metre away from my previous seat, I reacted.

Striking my foot into the inner of Rodrigo's thigh, his leg automatically stumbled catching him off guard and I instantly took advantage of the loose hold on my arm, punching Machete directly in the eye. The muscle in his face startled me and I pondered whether I'd even jolted him or broke my own fingers.

Machete grunt loudly releasing my arm to aid his eye while blinking furiously. I stilled for a moment, glad my actions had reformed with my former thought. Whipping around I regarded Rodrigo, who returned to his full senses, a wild fury etched over his features.

Taking advantage of one's partial attention, I instantly boosted myself by placing a foot onto the corner of my chair and jumping onto the table, aware of the impending doom close by. My breasts bounced slightly and I ignored that I was revealing much more skin than appreciated in front of men. Half way across the table, I directed towards the same exit DeCicco took until Antonio decided to stand in the way, behind his boss' famous seat.