A deed

"Will all Soldiers please assemble in the quad. Will all Soldiers please assemble in the quad."

The weather turned into a gloomy outcome, the clouds crowding the sky as they missioned to shield the sunrise from gleaming over us. The rain came no later. The grassy grounds slowly drowned, the smell of puddles and mud forming together to create splashes. The sound of thunder bombarded the quiet air. It was a quiet day. A day where it all changed for the best. For people. For fighters.

And for me.

The sound of the drills shrilled through the stormy sky, thunder blocking out the sound without much attempt. Birds chirped and disappeared within the drizzle, seeking shelter in trees sharing an osculate moment with their partner.

I stood behind the small box like window, my hands clasped behind my back. I had finally gotten the chance to pull my hair into a perfect ponytail. It grew almost five inches, reaching the arch of my hips when left loose. It lapped in a wave over the service shirt I had taken from Commander Knut's cabin.

I smirked at the memory, like I was very fond of it. Bodily bruised, grunting and groaning for mercy as I dragged him through the dry grounds last night. Peachy, but a lesson taught well.

I closed my eyes.

Earlier that night...

He laid unconscious on the concrete floor of the punishment barrack, blood oozing from his nose and a little from his mouth. I stared at him for a moment, wondering whether I should awaken him and continue the wrath. But even I knew I was too humane for that.

I walked to the door and yanked it open, a gust of silence immediately slapping me as the door swung on its hinges beside me.

The lamppost remained alight, the only source of brightness helping to find a way to and from this barrack.

I grabbed Commander Knut's ankle with both hands and pulled. He slid like dead weight against the concrete floor, groaning ever so slightly from when his bald head bounced over the door entrance frame. I released him and he rolled down the stairs. I stepped over him, once again grabbed at his ankle before dragging him through the mildly bright way.

Crickets croaked while I lugged him through the green fields, aware of the chaos that could erupt if someone were to accidently see the situation. I shrugged carelessly, using one hand instead of two to drag his weight. Grass and dirt clung to his head and my boots. The support of the lamppost began to decline as we moved away from the evident brightness.

I increased my sluggish walk to a comfortable walking pass, breathing routinely and reminding myself of dragging a still spirited person rather than a cooling corpse.

I stopped in front of the senior cabins, Commander Knut's being the slightly baggier and murkier choice. Just like his personality.

I heaved him up the steps, grunting from his impeccable weight. He groaned and gasped as he groggily made it back to the conscious world. Twisting open the door and turning around to inspect my surroundings, I hauled him inside the cabin. I dropped his ankle and sighed, straightening my back before staring at the open door. I stepped over towards it, the Commander's head following my progression. Slowly shutting the door, I turned to the alight oil lamp and picked it up. Bringing it over to where he silently rested on the floor, I placed it on the spare desk beside his bed, before squatting down to his eye level. "Now, you're going to write a letter, got it?"

He gulped and I tilted my head before grabbing his hand. Grabbing his index, I bent it back and only stopped to slap a palm over his mouth, his groan switching to a throaty scream within seconds. "Got it?"