Exposes

Copyright © 2014 by Shazzaam_

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sunday, 26th October, 7:30 am

Soft murmurs emerged near my ear and I absently grumbled with the struggled grasp of the remains of my snooze. Wriggling my face deeper into the comfortable object my head laid upon, I sighed wistfully and groaned. A light weight settled against my hair and I emitted a strange groan as they switched to a caressing stroke. I hummed at the soothe feeling, feeling the stretch in my lips from a smile.

The stroke switched to a light twinkle and I could feel the sneer returning, the sound of amused snickers twitching beside my earlobe.

"Val?"

A small shake of my shoulder had my hearing perked to curiosity, but the angelic figure of sleep continued to call me with gesturing fingers. "Valerie."

"Hmm?" I groaned curling my fingers, a bundle of the bed sheet warming within my palms.

"Do you mind dropping off a few trial consignments at my client's place?"

The coolness in the room began to become mindful and I curled into a foetal position till the silence reigned. "Hmm."

"Okay, sleep tight baby."

*~*~*~*

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like it's better than -

I effortlessly ripped my eyelids apart and dubiously stared at the flashing screen on my phone that was positioned on the nightstand beside my bed. I stared through the window at the sun beaming with the blue sky surrounding. Bright and early. Or dull and late. With a groan of annoyance. I rolled onto my back and stared up at the ceiling, the plain white shade seeking no valid essence of delighting my mood. I could feel a ray of warmth against my bare arm but I shrugged it off and rolled on to the stomach.

With my face squashed within the fluffy pillow, my arm absently flared till it slammed against the nightstand, harsh enough to dim the irritating squeal of the music. I squinted against the caller ID and heaved a sigh.

"Mum?" I croaked with my dry throat and grimaced at the fowl taste coating my tongue. I watched the bedsheet shuffle over a warm figure bundled beside me on the bed. Watching it crawl closer until it was resting on my belly, I lifted the white sheet to regard a dozing baby brother snoring like a freight train, his small feet twitching beside my face.

"Still in bed sweetie? It's almost noon." Andrea informed with a pinch of sarcasm dripping off of her tongue.

Yanking my phone in front of my face, I read the time and gasped, bolting upright and cursing as Axl rolled away with a gasp of surprise. The drowsiness harboured my head instantly and I blinked several times before tossing my phone aside and ripping off the bed sheet before gathering my baby brother in my arms, cooing against his ear. His bottom lip trembled while he was surprising still in deep sleep and I reclined him until his head was snug in the curve of my neck. Suddenly recalling the fact that it was a weekend, I groaned and brought the device back to my ear, rolling my eyes against my eyelids as soft snickers sounded on the other side.

"I almost snapped your son's neck from fright." I grumbled at my half open door.

Andrea instantly stopped laughing and instigated questions of the obvious. I placed the phone down as she ran her mouth a mile of bemused jokes and its impact on maternity, recalling the memory of losing me when I visited the national wildlife park and ended up running around with Emu's. As always, I muted her outburst and gently tucked Axl back inside the bedsheets before swiping his soft hair strand away from his face. I recalled the events throughout the week and emitted silent groans from the formation of folder's and calls I had to submit, followed by the promotion to Vadim's seat.