Chapter 3: What...?♪♪♪♪♪ ♥♪♪♪♪♪

Great.

The princess had fallen asleep once again. It seems like the only thing that she ever does. Grumbling, I walked over to the bed side and poked her face. No response. I then tried to shake her awake.

Still asleep. Growling, I shouted her name, but she still slumbered. Sighing, I ran a hand through my blue locks once more, trying to think of what to do. Small snores fell past her lips before she rolled onto her side, facing me. Hoping to wake her up this time, I knelt down so that I was eye level with her. Prodding her with a finger, I frowned before speaking.

"Get up. Boss wants me to bring you to him, and I don't feel like getting yelled at because of your lazy bum." She stirred a bit before reaching her arms around me and pulling me closer before I realized it. My face felt like it was on fire from the contact and close proximity. Pulling away from her grasp, I tidied myself back up, staring down at her. A small amount of drool was at the corner of her mouth and her hair was a mess, the tiara now laying by my pillow. She.... Actually kind of looked - dare I even think it - cute? Shaking the thought away quickly, I wiped the liquid away before it could get on my pillow and wiped my finger off on the leg of my trousers. Sighing, I decided to go with the only option I seemed to have left and scooped her up into my arms.

"Mmm... no, I wanted the (favourite cake) cake, not that...." She muttered in her sleep before resting quietly once more. Raising an eyebrow at this, I shrugged it off before readjusting her, one arm around her lower back while the other was in the crook of her knees. Looking back down, I was able to see every small detail of her face. My heart began to beat a bit faster, but I quickly scowled and looked away.

"Dammit, Ludwig. This is real life, not some sappy romance book of Wendy's." I said under my breath, snorting. Walking towards the door, I opened it with my back before exiting and walking to the throne room, nodding and greeting the occasional minions I passed - Goombas, Bomb-Ombs, Koopa Troopas, etc. Finally reaching the throne room, I noticed Bowser, also in his "human" form, sitting on the throne, tapping his fingers against the arm of it. Clearing my throat, I kneeled down in front of him, still holding our newest prisoner. "Your Majesty. I've brought the princess, like you've requested. I apologize for taking so long. She had fallen asleep and still hasn't woken up." He hummed before standing up and walking over to me.

"Thank you, Ludwig. Can you place her down very quickly? I have some important business I must discuss with you about her and Princess Peach." Nodding, I gently laid her down on the floor before standing up. "Now, since we have kidnapped the ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom again, you already know who will show up to "save the day"." He said, making quotation marks with his fingers. A frown made its way onto my lips, already knowing who he was talking about.

"Stupid Mario, right?"

"Exactly. However, me and Kamek have devised a plan to hide both of the princesses from any sort of hero that tries to rescue them." I hummed, allowing him to continue. "We are currently creating an invisible building for them to be placed in when that stupid plumber gets near. Nobody can see in, nobody can see out. And the only people that will be able to gain access will be me, Kamek, and you. And after we rid ourselves of those pesky plumbers once and for all, then we can take over both kingdoms." I nodded, making it seem like I agreed with the plan. However, I knew that it would fail, like the rest of his plans to take the Mushroom Kingdom over.

"I also have a suggestion to help take the brothers out." Boss nodded, signifying for me to continue. "Maybe I could compose a lullaby that would put them into a long slumber - long enough for us to destroy them." He hummed, thinking it over.

"Well, we haven't tried that yet.... It better work, or else, Ludwig. Got it?"

"Yeah, totally. Got it, boss. It'll be ready as soon as it efficiently works." He nodded before going back up to the throne and sitting down.

"That is all. You're dismissed." Nodding, I picked up the princess and began to walk out before remembering something. "Oh, your Highness?"

"What?"

"Larry said something earlier about asking you if she-" I nodded to the the sleeping figure in my arms. "Could be his prisoner. And I was wondering... who's prisoner she is, exactly." He rolled his crimson orbs before replying, a hint of annoyance and snark in his tone.

"Isn't it obvious? She's your prisoner. You captured her, she's yours." He sighed before muttering something.

"Okay, your Majesty. Thank you." I then left the throne room, a large smirk on my face. Wait until Larry heard that she was MY prisoner, not his! Wait.

She was my prisoner. Nobody else's.

I stopped right there in the middle of the hall, my body tense, eyes wide, heart racing, and a cold sweat beginning to form. What does one do with their prisoner? How is a prisoner even treated? What does a prisoner do? So many questions ran through my mind as I stared down at her still sleeping form, her eyes shut and mouth slightly open. My breathing had hitched at the thought, and I was, surprisingly, nervous. And dare I say... afraid? Biting my lip, I continued to stand there, staring down at the slumbering princess, gaining odd looks from the occasional passerby. Looking up and pulling myself away from my thoughts, I quickly returned to my room, walking in and setting the princess down on the bed before closing and locking the door. Sitting down at my desk, I began to try and compose the necessary lullaby, but my mind was on something entirely different.

My prisoner.