Chapter 59: I Miss You. Love, Sandy

(Hey guys!! I'm back with a new chapter for you all! A LOT happens in this, and I put a lot into it. Sandy is a very prominent character in this chapter and the precious baby deserves so much love ❤❤❤ I hope you all enjoy!!!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[MAIN POV]

I slowly blink, staring down at Kooky. He's laying in his bed upon the airship, sleeping soundly. He just lost against Mario and Luigi and was resting up after the fight. He looked awful when he was helped into the room a few hours ago, and he fell asleep after being healed. Hearing a knock on the door, I turn to it and gently hold Kooky's hand in mine.

"...come in?" The door opens and a Shy Guy walks in, carrying a small tray of food. He slowly comes over to us, and I gently take the tray from him before giving him a soft, patient smile. "Thank you. May I ask for your name?" He stares at me silently, his hands balling up into fists before he looks down silently.

"...my...my name is of no importance to you, miss (F/n). I will be back for the tray soon," He mumbled, his voice wavering. Once he finished speaking, he bowed before heading to the door silently. I watch quietly, my head tilted slightly to the side. He seemed oh so familiar, yet I could not quite figure out why. I felt as if we had been good friends. But that's impossible, right? I would have at least remembered his name. I'm pulled out of my thoughts as the door slams shut, making me jump slightly in surprise. Looking around, I remember where I am and place the tray on my lap before beginning to eat a little bit of the food. I don't eat much, despite the low rumbling in my stomach, because I want to save most of it for Kooky. Feeling him stir a little beside me, I turn to him and watch as he slowly sits up, finally awake. He blinks a little as if he's clearing his vision, before turning to me and grinning slightly.

"Hello, my dear (F/n). Are you alright?" I nod, giving him a soft smile.

"Of course I am, Kooky. I should be the one to ask you such a question. You looked horrendous when you came aboard. Are you feeling better now?" He nods before cupping one of my hands in his and kissing the back of it.

"I am now, merely because you are here with me." He scoots closer to me and once he's sitting beside me, I hand him the tray of food.

"A Shy Guy brought this in. I saved most of it for you since you will need your energy to defeat the Mario brothers. Go ahead and eat up, dear." He gingerly takes the platter and looks up at me, his neon blue orbs wide.

"You want to give all of this to me?... You sure?" I nod, smiling warmly.

"Of course, Kooky. Eat up. You deserve it." He grins and plants a kiss on my cheek before beginning to eat. I smile before beginning to run my hands through his blue locks. He hums softly, his eyes fluttering shut in content. Giggling, I kiss his cheek before standing. "I am going to go get some fresh air. I will be back in a few minutes."

"Alright. I'll be waiting." I head out onto the deck and look up at the cerulean sky, a soft breeze blowing by. Glancing around, I see that the crew is working hard on sailing the ship and making it look good. Walking over to the safety railing, I clutch onto it before looking over the side, watching the clouds roll past as we sail to our destination. I then turn to see where we're going and notice that we've almost reached the castle. Grinning, I return to Kooky's room and, upon closing the door as I enter, clear my throat.

"Kooky, we're almost to the castle." He grins and wipes his mouth with his coat's sleeve before hopping out of bed.

"Splendid, absolutely splendid!! I cannot wait to show you the place! Guhuhu~"