Chapter 51: Magic Words

(Yo yo yo!!! I'm back hos! Jk jk. Sorry for not updating recently, but I got a bit busy recently. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this new chapter! Stay posted, since the next one should be out soon! Don't forget to comment your thoughts so I can see how you nerds feel about my trash! :D)

Rushing over to the limp Shy Guy, I slide down onto the stone floor next to him, ignoring the feeling of my skin tearing on the ground. Gently scooping him up, I notice his ragged breathing and the scorched fabric of his coat. Holding him close, I wince at the pained whimper that comes from him.

"....Sandy?....." Hearing no response from him, I call out to him once more, but to no avail. Holding him, I slowly stand and trudge over to the bay doors, ignoring the stares trained on me. Laying him down on the ground gently, I lightly kiss his forehead before standing up straight. Going over to the ship, I ignore the shouting that erupts from the battle arena and hop on. Going into a room marked as the armory, I look around before grabbing a spare Magikoopa's wand. Hurrying back out, I watch as the two plumbers spar against Iggy, who is leaping and running all over the place. Kneeling down by Sandy, I heal him before heading into the arena. Watching quietly, I wait silently before aiming the wand at Mario and closing my eyes. A hot burning sensation floods into my blood as a sharp, tingling feeling rushes across my skin. Hearing a yelp of shock and pain, I open my eyes and gasp, seeing purple electricity sparking at the end of the wand, along with a scorched patch on Mario's overalls.

"(F/n)?!" Turning to Luigi, I roll my eyes before looking to Iggy.

"Yo, Iggy! Get to it!"

"Of course, my goddess!"

"Hey! Don't refer to her like she belongs to you, you freaky four-eyed bully!" With that, Luigi rushes at Iggy, an uncharacteristically dark look on his face. Gasping, I aim the wand at him and fire more electric at him, but unfortunately miss. Leaping into the air, he slams his foot down onto Iggy's cranium, sending him toppling over. He continues to attack him, blabbering something incoherent. Aiming the wand once more at the green-clad plumber, I blast one last ball of the purple sparks, and watch as it hits him directly. It sends him flying a few feet away, where he crashes onto the floor with a groan. Rushing over to Iggy, I shove the wand underneath the knot of my shirt before managing to pick him up. I hurry to the ship and manage to get Iggy on board before turning to retrieve Sandy. However, Luigi is standing directly behind me, battered and bruised, sweat rolling down his cheek and his breath labored.

"Step aside, Luigi."

"(F/n), I just want to talk to you before you go again. Please." I sigh, rolling my eyes, before shifting my weight to one foot.

"Make it quick." He takes a small, tentative step towards me before taking another, his gloved hands reaching to his hat. Removing the green cap and revealing his brown, slightly messy hair. Taking a deep breath, he stares into my (e/c) eyes with his own sky blue orbs, which are filled with grief and hopelessness.

"(F/n), why...why did you join them? Why have you left us, and joined their team?..."

"Their emotions and lives matter just as much as yours. I used to fear them when I was still with you guys, but....they've accepted me for me. I'm part of their family now, which is something I've always wanted. And before you say anything, my citizens back there HATE me. My parents HATE me. Even Peach doesn't want anything to do with me, and she used to be my best friend! My parents disowned me, Peach hates my guts, and I felt so alone. I know it's only been a few days that I've been with them, but....I care for them. And they care for me. I'm willing to help them. They need someone to help their kingdom. They need joy, and love, and hope. And since Peach won't do anything....I'm going to do my best to help them. I don't want to go back. There's nothing there for me. My future lies in the Dark Kingdom. With Bowser. With the Koopalings. With the people who make me happy." Soaking it all in, tears slowly fill Luigi's blue eyes as he softly sniffles, wiping his face with the back of his gloved hand.

"(F/n)....I'm so sorry. I'm sorry about everything that's happened lately. I wish I could go back in time and keep this all from happening. I want everything to go back to normal. I wish I could change your mind, bring you back, and help you start anew....make everything right. I know you won't listen to me, so I....I'm giving up. If you want to come back, me and Mario will delightfully welcome you to our home. But, if you stay with the Koopas, I understand....you should do what makes you happy. I...just wish I could've been the one to do it." I nod, my mind racing and my voice stuck in my throat. He sniffles once more before pulling something from his pocket and gently placing it in my hands, his blue orbs staring at me with sorrow. "Think of me whenever you see this, wherever you are." With that, he turns away and heads back indoors, most likely to join up with Mario. Stepping over to Sandy, I scoop him up with ease before getting onto the ship. Heading downstairs to the hull, I enter the quarters where the crew sleeps and sit down. Laying him down on the bed, I tuck him in before gently opening the box.