Chapter 34: Enemies

(Next chapter, guys! Hope you all enjoy! Oh, and I hope you also enjoy the little illustration side note thing I added at the end ;)))

Gripping Larry's hand in mine, I follow him out onto the deck and stare up in awe. The stone castle was huge, and that's an understatement. The bricks making up its outermost walls were at least the size of my head. Grinning, he tugs at my hand slightly.

“So, whaddya think?”

“It's huge...and so cool…” He smiles warmly before leading me and Peach out and into the castle. We enter a room similar to the arena from the fortress, but the floor feels...off.

“Peach, you wanna play games with us?”

“No thank you. I'd like to go to my room.” Noticing her rude tone, my brows furrow slightly. It was the first time I had heard her get even close to being snippy, which confused me.

“Okay! You know where it is. And no trying to sneak out!~” Huffing, she leaves us in a hurry, obviously annoyed.

“...what's wrong with her?...”

“She always gets like that when we take her. She just sits in her room...I don't know what she does, though…”

“She was so...rude…”

“Like I said, she's always like that…” Sighing, he looks up at me before forcing a small smile on his face. “Wanna go play?” I nod, softly smiling.

“Of course. What do you have to play?” He hums before grinning.

“Do you like tennis?”

“Never played.” He gasps.

“Come on! Let's go!!” With that, he dragged me off into the castle. We headed down a few floors, and we soon reached a sports room.

“Wow…” Rushing in, he runs over to the dressing rooms and shoves me in one of the stalls. “H-hey!”

“What size do you wear?!”

“(Clothing size)...” Clothes are tossed above the stall’s door, and they land on my head.

“Get dressed!” I remove my outfit before sliding the outfit in. It was a light blue, short tennis dress with black shorts underneath. There was a cerulean star across the chest, and it was actually pretty comfortable. Gathering my clothes, I step out and gasp as Larry tugs them away and dumps them in a bucket.

“Larry!-”

“You don't need those, (F/n)! You look great!” Feeling my face grow warm slightly, I gasp slightly as he pulls me out to the tennis court. Stopping at a basket of racquets, he pulls one out and grins. “Pick one!” Nodding, I hold my laugh at how adorable he was before pulling out a royal blue one that felt good in my hand. “Oooh. That's the one nobody else has ever been able to use.”

“Really?...” He nods.

“They never score a point with it. People say it's cursed. But I personally think it's because everyone just sucks at tennis.” He tugs out a fluorescent ball and smiles. “Now, are you ready to learn how to play tennis from the master?”

[Time Skip]

Wiping a bead of sweat from my brow, I give Larry a sheepish grin.

“I tried…”

“You were amazing!!”

“Really?” He nods before putting everything up.

“Yeah. Now come on, we should eat dinner before the idiots get here.” I nod, smoothing my dress down. Following him to the dining room, I notice that servants are already putting food on the table. A loud bell rings, signifying that it was time to eat. Watching him sit at a table, I sit on the left hand side of him and look around. Seeing Peach enter, I give her a soft smile, which she manages to force back.