Chapter 30: The Letter

(Here it is, guys! Chapter 30. We've come a long way. But we're nowhere near done! We still have so much to see and explore! Thank you guys so much for all the support; I really appreciate it and love you all. ♡ Please, tell me what I can improve on in this story. I want you guys to enjoy it to the fullest, and it's hard to read your minds, lol. So just leave suggestions in the comments, and don't be afraid to message me about anything you have questions about. I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

[Reader POV]

Reaching the dining hall, I sit at my spot from the previous evening and look around at everyone. They're all chatting away with each other, and actually seem calm for once. Smiling, I listen in on the conversations, a warm fuzzy feeling blooming in my chest and stomach. Lightly gripping the envelope in my lap, my attention is drawn to someone in particular as someone taps my arm. Looking down, I smile as I see Junior standing there, looking up at me.

"Hello. You're Junior, right?" He nods, sniffling.

"Yeah! You're miss (F/n), right?" I nod, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Can I call you sissy? Mean old Wendy doesn't let me."Laughing softly, I lightly pat his head.

"Of course you can, Junior. I don't mind. And don't be so mean to Wendy; she has the other punks to deal with as well." As the others start shouting about how they're not punks, I roll my eyes before smiling at him.

"Okay, sissy. Also, can you make Ludwig make me look like you guys? He's being a jerk and dad's too busy dealing with Mama Peach." Nodding, I stand up and, feeling his hand grab mine, smile at him before walking over to Ludwig, the letter in my other hand. Noticing our approach, Ludwig huffs, rolling his brows.

"Junior, are you for real?"

"Yeah, I am! You're in for it now! Sissy (F/n) will make you listen!"

"I'll try my best, Junior." Huffing, he released my hand before darting behind me and began trying to push me over to Ludwig. Stepping over to Ludwig, I rest my hands on my hips and gave him an intimidating stare, which he merely chuckled at. "What's so funny, mister?"

"You don't look intimidating. You actually look silly and kinda cute doing that." Blushing, I tap him with the envelope before huffing.

"Turn Junior into a human too."

"No. Why should I?"

"Because you're his oldest brother and he came to you first about it. Would you rather him go to Roy for everything from now on?" He sighs and folds his arms across his chest, pouting as he leaned back in his chair.

"...no."

"Exactly. Now, stop acting like a little brat and do it." Huffing, he sits up and pulled his wand out before pointing it at the small Koopa tyke, who was grinning excitedly.

"Appareo: Humanis." A flash of blue magic surrounded him, and the transformation quickly took place. He looked to be about 8 or 9, with hair just like his father. He was a little pudgy, but it was in a cute kid way. He donned a black collar, a yellow tank top, a green jacket, black shorts, light up sneakers, and a white bandanna with a drawing of a mouth on it.

"Ooooh... sissy! Do I look scary?!" He tugs the bandanna up and growls, which I pretend to be frightened of.

"You're absolutely terrifying, Junior." He cheers as he pulls the bandanna down before sneezing. "You know, it's best to cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze and cough. That way, you don't get sick again. Okay?" He nods, sniffling, before suddenly hugging me.

"Thank you, sissy!" Beaming happily, I hug him back before patting his head.

"You're welcome." Releasing me, he rushes back into his seat. "Junior, you forgot to thank someone." Looking confused, I place a hand on Ludwig's shoulder. "You wouldn't look so cool and scary if he hadn't turned you human."