Chapter Eleven

I woke up in a hospital bed. I sat up in bed and seen a peaceful looking Shannon, sleep and a stressed looking Landyn, with his head in his hands. I cleared my throat. This is awkward. Having the man of my dreams and the other that I may like here in the same room at one time. I felt Landyn's eyes on me and slowly looked over at him. I smiled slowly. "Hey baby." I said quietly as he shook his head.

"Ashleigh, don't 'hey baby' me right now. What the fuck is going on?" He said pointing between me and Shannon.

"Nothing, babe. We were just hanging out."

"Hanging out and having such a good time that you had an anxiety attack that made you pass out? You went fucking unconscious because you were 'just hanging out'?" If looks could kill, I would be six feet under, brought back from the grave, and be put six feet under twice again. He looked furious. "Ashleigh the last time you had an anxiety attack that bad was when I tried to kiss you for the first time in middle school. You remember that?"

"I remember." My voice came out hoarse, I suddenly felt dehydrated. "Can I get some water please?"

"Ask your new boyfriend." He pointed at Shannon who was now awake and staring blankly at the both of us.

"You don't have to ask, I'll do it." Shannon stood up from his chair and made his way out of the room while Landyn chuckled to himself.

"You really got that nigga wrapped around your finger. You let him taste you or some shit?" I looked at Landyn with pure disgust on my face.

"Stop, you're jealous. You're the only one that's ever done that to me, so don't even go there. Shannon and I are just friends."

"The same friend that had you cooking him dinner after meeting him in the club the night before? That same friend that had you cuddled up after that dinner? The same friend that humiliated you in front of his friends by cheating hours into your relationship?" He scoffed. "That's some friend you got there, Ash!"

"Landyn, just stop. If I wanted Shannon on that type of level, I wouldn't be with you. I couldn't drag two people along." I said halfway telling the truth. I can't drag two people along, but I'm not sure who I want right now. The long time best friend I've always had feelings for or the cute music producer who suddenly has me feeling some type of way?

"Here's your water, Ash." Shannon came back. "How you feeling?" He took a strand of my loose hair and tucked it behind my ear.

"Thank you, Shannon." I smiled. "And I'm fine. I just don't know what triggered my attack." I shrugged.

"You knew you had anxiety?"

"Yep. I've always had it. I get mini heart attacks sometimes, sometimes my anxiety gets so bad that I can hear my heart beating in my ears and I can't hear anything around me. Sometimes I'm shaking so bad that I can barely write or talk." I shrugged. "It happens." I took a sip of my water.

"No, that does not just happen. You should have told me. I was freaked out! I thought I killed you or something because my breath was stinking! I couldn't talk straight to the paramedics because I thought I would hurt them too. You don't realize how many pieces of gum I chewed thinking I had people killing halitosis breath." I busted out laughing. I couldn't control it. Shannon was so serious, you could see it in his eyes and there was not one trace of a smirk on his face.

"I'm sorry, Shan Shan." I said still laughing. "Your breath was fine though. Oh, and I'm sorry you had to spend tonight in this place," I pointed around the hospital room. "with me. I'm sure Elexa would have wanted you to get out and shake your groove thang." He laughed.

"Nah, it's cool. I enjoyed myself. As long as you good, I'm good." He smiled. "Plus, I should be the one apologizing. My mom was way out of place. I'm sorry about that. I guess she just so used to me bringing random hoes home that she doesn't know a real woman when she sees one. She still doesn't believe that we're only friends." He shook his head.

"You better stop bringing them hoes around then and find you a wife. Hell, next time yo momma kick my shoes, I'm gone kick her!" He laughed. "I'm serious! Those shoes were two hundred dollars, plus my honey helped me pay for those. They are my absolute favorite shoes!" I went on rambling about stuff that I did in those shoes, most of consisting of Landyn's name.

"Alright, alright. Damn. I thought niggas got mad when people stepped on they new J's. You furious about your little heels." He laughed again. I laughed, too, looking over to see Landyn staring at us with a blank expression on his face. I had completely forgot he was here, honestly. He was just being so quiet and I was having a nice conversation with Shannon. "Ash, I got go. My momma never left my house claiming she was making sure no more hoes came through my door tonight." He shook his head. "I just wanted to stay and make sure you were cool, but she nosy. She probably going through my underwear drawer right now as we speak." I laughed.

"Well, okay. Bye Shan. I'll come by to see you or better yet, round you up a groupie and lets go out soon! Partying with you is always fun." We both nodded. "Not Shantaal, though."

"You don't like her?"

"Nope, she big, manly, and jealous for no reason."

"Ah, she give good head though!" I scrunched up my face as Shannon pulled out his phone. "I think I'm gone give her a call right now..."

"Ew! Goodbye, Shannon! See you later!" I semi-yelled as he shut the door behind him. I looked back to my boyfriend. My beautiful, caring boyfriend who just looked envious or upset. I couldn't quite read his face. "Baby..?"

"What's up?" He didn't even look at me.

"I'm sorry... I should have told you I was going to Shannon's or something. You were at work and today is the day his daughter died. I was just comforting him until you got off of work."

"I don't care that you were with him. I want to know what he did to make you pass out. Your anxiety doesn't just spike from hanging out. He try something? Don't lie."

"No..." I shook my head. "His mother was just prejudging me... I got anxious to get out of there. She was embarrassing me." I half told the truth again...

"Yeah alright..." He didn't really sound like he believed me. "I'm about to go, too." He stood up and started to walk for the door. I frowned.

"You're going to leave me all alone?"

"I got school tomorrow." He kept going towards the door, not even looking back at me.

"I don't get a hug? A kiss?" He turned around and walked to my bedside. He put one arm around me in a half hug and when I puckered my lips to kiss his, he gave me the cheek. I sat there wide eyed. He really is mad at me. Even when we weren't dating, I got a little peck of the lips. I frowned again. "I... Uh... I love you, Landyn."

"Mhm," he nodded his head, leaving out of the door. "See you later." That right there ruined me. Even when he's mad at me he'll tell me he loves me. I must have really messed up this time. I turned off the lights in my room and just decided to go to sleep. Maybe things would be better in the morning after a good rest.

*Landyn POV*

I really don't know how to feel about what just happened. I mean I love Ashleigh with all I have, but after that I just don't know if I can trust her. I can read her like an open book, she good and well knows that. So, why is she sitting there lying to me? Right to my face though. It wasn't a text, call, Facebook message or some shit. She sat there in that hospital room and lied to me. It's already bad enough that she decided to take on another role in somebody else's video and hasn't told me yet, but now she may be cheating.

I'm stressed out about Ashleigh and need more than a damn drink right now. I called up an old friend of mine. After placing my call, I headed to my friend, Surge's, house. He only sells the best sour out right now and that's what I need. I nice blunt or two and a cup of lean to ease myself right now.

After getting my supply from Surge, I went straight home. I grabbed my cup, filling it half with sprite then adding codeine and a green apple jolly rancher, for a little extra. I rolled up my blunt, using codeine not spit. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a druggy or addict or anything. But when it comes to this shit, I'm the best. I barely even smoke though, only three or two times a month.

I turned my tv to the MTV channel and sparked up my blunt. After smoking my blunt and sipping my cup of lean I was left with me, my thoughts, and the show Ridiculousness. This shit is crazy funny when you high, I'm telling you.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Vote, Comment, and Fan please!