Chapter Sixteen

*Landyn POV*

I haven't talked to Ashleigh since we had an argument over her being in those dumb ass videos. I don't agree, I don't like it. What man do you know that wants another man feeling on his girl, touching on his girl, shit even looking at his girl? I don't know many and I for damn sure ain't one of them. I want Ashleigh home with me, dancing for me. I should be the only nigga she whining and grinding her hips for. Me, Landyn. Not no video niggas and for sure not that Berry nigga. Who does he think he is anyways? walking around trying to be tough with a name like Berry. Sweet ass.

I must admit, not being with Ashleigh constantly is eating me up inside. I not only lost a girlfriend, but a future wife and bestfriend along with it. I feel like she's at lost more than me though. If money was that important to her, I would get a second job. Maybe even quit school for a while so I can save up and get her whatever she wants. Ashleigh just refuses to see how much I love her. How much I would do for her. How much I've already done for her. I love that girl with everything I have and nothing can or will change that. She can go out now being young and dumb, but as soon as she's back on the right track, I'm getting back with her. Once she no longer feels the need to do the videos or have an excessive amount of money, I'll be ready to marry her and settle down. I'm ready now actually, but she's not.

Even if I don't want to be with her, I can't take not talking to her. Just being friends with her. With only just a friendship we could possibly build something up. I could help her get out of the lifestyle she's diving head first in to.

*Ashleigh POV*

I heard constant knocking in my door and rolled my eyes to myself. I looked over at the clock that read 7:30. Seven in the damn morning. Everyone I associate myself with knows I sleep late. I even had all of my college courses switch to online so I can sleep more.

I groaned and tried to get up, but was stuck. Shannon had his arms wrapped so tight around me I swear he thought I was gone leave. I giggled before forcefully removing his arms from around me. He stirred, but didn't wake up. I glanced over him peacefully sleeping with a smile on my face. I had to throw my hand over my mouth to contain my laughter and not wake him when my gaze landed in his morning wood. I couldn't be a guy, morning wood happens so randomly. I figure it's annoying.

Before I could do anything the knocking continued. They were banging so hard. I rolled my eyes and silently yelled as I walked to the door. I didn't even look to see who it was, I just slung it open with a mug all over my face. I was clearly annoyed and when I saw it was Landyn I just got upset. I leaned against the door frame, crossing my arms under my chest. "Landyn."

"Hey Ash." He smiled, his smile was in a way irresistible. At least it used to be. Him smiling just annoyed me more. Though I still love Landyn in every aspect, I can't allow myself to be with him in that way. Landyn is insecure, jealous, controlling, and doesn't support me. I love him, I do, but the way he acts and treats me when we're in a relationship wasn't what I expected at all. I thought it would be how we always are, playful and overall enjoying of each other but with more touching and kissing. It was the complete opposite, unfortunately. He had the mind set that I was literally his and he could control every part of my life. That's not the kind of person I want or need to be with in a relationship.

I sighed, softening my mood and relaxing the attitude I had. I can't hold animosity towards him unless he's a mile away from me. Otherwise I find myself falling for him in a fast spiral. "What are you here for, Landyn?" I fiddled with my fingers, looking down. Lookimg down, I realized that I still had no clothes on. I was only wearing my bra and panties. How did I not know I was naked or even feel the breeze? Why wouldn't Landyn tell me that I had no clothes on? I laughed involuntarily. I was just put in such an awkward situation. "I have no clothes on. Wow." I laughed harder. I don't know if I was nervous, anxious, high, drunk, whatever. But I was actually dying laughing, holding my stomach as if something was actually funny. Me being half dressed wasn't funny, it was weird and awkward, but that somehow made it hilarious to me.

I felt a hand on the small of my back and jumped, instantly cutting my laughter short. I wasn't so much scared because I knew it was Shannon, but his hand was cold. I turned around only to be met by his bare chest. I looked up at him, but he was staring straight ahead past me. Here I was in nothing but underwear with my boyfriend who was also in nothing but underwear while Landyn stood watching. If that didn't make things any more awkward.

Shannon's eyes finally met mine as he bent down to peck my lips softly. "You can't just be leaving me all alone like that, babe." He shook his head. "Who's your friend?" I rolled my eyes. He knows full and well who Landyn is. They've never been fully introduced, but they both know who each other are.

"Shannon, Landyn. Landyn, Shannon." I introduced the two as Shannon wrapped his arms around my waist. I laughed a little. I see what he's doing trying to be all extra to show Landyn something. It's cute, this kind of jealous, not the over possessive jealous. "Um, I guess you can come in." I grabbed Shannon's hand and turned us around. "We're going to go put clothes on." I walked away fast, dragging Shannon behind me. I knew he was feeling some type of way about what just happened and Landyn probably thought we were fucking or something because neither of us had on clothes.

I slipped on some sweats and an Adidas tshirt, as Shannon slipped on just his basketball shorts. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, Shannon followed behind me, but to talk privately. I knew he had already brushed his teeth from the peck we shared. He locked the bathroom door behind us as I put toothpaste on my toothbrush. I started to brush my teeth, not wanting to go into the conversation of whatever he was about to bring up. "What is he doing here?" Shannon put the toilet lid down and took a seat. He was looking at me with intent eyes and I couldn't do anything, but shrug. I myself didn't have the answer to that. I was just as curious as he was.

I finished brushing my teeth and brushed my hair up into a ponytail. It was mess, I needed that missed hair appointment I had planned for yesterday.

Started to walk out of the bathroom, but Shannon grabbed my hand, pulling me into his lap. I giggled while shaking my head. "What now, Shannon?" I rolled my eyes playfully. I looked into his piercing caramel eyes awaiting whatever he was about to say. He didn't say anything, just stared back at me. I don't know what's wrong with him, but it's kind if creeping me out. His state caused me to chuckle awkwardly. "So..?" I looked around the bathroom at nothing in particular. He had his arms around my torso, his eyes glued on me, and a look on his face that was sort of unreadable. It was unreadable, but incredibly sexy. The way his eyebrow arched and his mouth slightly slanted was really what made it sexy.

"Ashleigh, I love you. Okay?" He spoke after several minutes of silence. Shannon paused, searching over me. I turned my head to look at everything possible to avoid making eye contact with him. Like I said before, I have love for him but I don't love him yet.

Shannon used his index finger to guide my face back in the direction of his. Even with my brown skin, I know for sure that my cheeks were blazing red and the blushing was visible. "You don't have to say it back if you're not ready to, baby." Shannon chuckled. I sighed. I'm not sure if my sigh was of relief or guilt. Relief that he knew how I was feeling and wasn't going to pressure me. Guilt that here I am, the cause of this player of a man changing his ways and becoming something that he's never known before, but I can't simply return the love that he's giving me in full. I honestly want to. It bothers me that he can so easily give himself to me and love me when I'm really not shit, but I can't do the same for him.

I laid my head on his chest, wrapping my arms around his torso. "I do love you, not in that way. But as a person, a confidant, a friend. Even though you're so much more than that."

"I know. It's okay. You can take your time. We still have things to learn about each other, you'll love me by the end of this I know." I giggled at his cocky ass, but took what he was saying in. It was true. We know each other, but we still have so much more to learn. I already have a love for Shannon and a strong like, so if he tells me what I don't know about him and it turns out I like it just as much as I like him, then we'll fall in love with each other equally.

"How you know you love me, Shannon?" I sat up with a puzzled look on my face, but kept my arms around his torso. A smirk appeared on his face.

"It'll take me twenty years to explain how I know I love you, Ash." He shook his head still smirking. "You're not perfect and I like that, but in a way you're still perfect." I scrunched up my face at his words. They were cute, but didn't make sense at all. "Stop. It made sense in my head." I laughed and signaled for him to continue. "I don't know. You understand me, you don't treat me any different than who and what I am- a human. You show me new things and take me to new heights. You do all of this to me and we haven't even had any sexual relations with each other... At all. There's something special about you if you ain't giving up no puss-" I slapped his chest, cutting him off, before laughing hard. "I'm serious. You won't even let me taste the box, yet you got me all wide nosed, on my toes for you. I just know I lie you, Ashleigh." If my blushing was bad when he only told me he loved me, it was on a hundred out of ten right now. What he said might have had me in tears if I was feeling super emotional, but I just held a jaw breaking grin on my face.

Shannon and I shared a long kiss before returning to the living room. If we had stayed in that bathroom any longer I would have forgot that Landyn was in the living room.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Short and unedited, but I just wanted to get you all a chapter. Let me know what you think. Next chapter coming soon.

Vote, Comment and fan please!