Chapter Seventeen

Entering my living room, we discovered it empty. Completely freaking empty. Landyn didn't shout out goodbye, leave a note, send a text, nothing. He left my door wide open, too. I mean, I understand his leaving. He just came into my house and saw me and my boyfriend basically naked. He had to have been feeling some type of way about it, but damn.

Shannon placed his hand on my shoulder as I stood there plainly dumbfound. "Ya boy up and bounced on yo ass." He turned his head to the side and fell into laughter. I was confused, not amused. You pop up at my place, then leave just as suddenly.

"Shannon that's not funny." I pouted, pushing his head lightly with the tips of my fingers.

"Hands to yourself, Ash." I rolled my eyes, not answering him, and walked into the kitchen. Shannon was close behind me. "What you about to cook for me?" He took a seat at the table. Now, it was my turn to laugh. I wasn't even in the mood.

I opened up my pantry door and pulled out a box of peanut butter Captain Crunch, my go to cereal when I'm feeling like shit. Right now I wasn't feeling all like shit, but I was in my feelings a tad and didn't feel like touching a single pot or pan. I pulled two bowls out of the cabinet, a couple spoons from the drawers and set it all on the table in front of him. I got milk from the fridge and what do you know... Breakfast. "A delicious meal for my man." I slid Shannon's bowl over to him, careful not to spill the milk. The look on his face was priceless. He looked up at me, then back down at the bowl over and over as if it would suddenly turn into a Denny's breakfast if he did it enough times. I said my silent grace and started to eat my cereal. I looked up to see Shannon finally giving in and doing to same. I was happy. If he had sat there any longer my ass would have probably really made him breakfast because I care for his ass so much and didn't want him to starve. "I'll make you lunch, okay?" I spoke after a silent breakfast.

"What you making?"

"Grilled chicken sandwiches?" I asked more than stated. He nodded with an approving face.

Neither of us had anything planned for today. Shannon had a couple sessions later in the day, but that was it. We went back up to my room and laid down to watch tv. Being that it was still early, we settled for some early morning cartoons.

Shannon reached down on the floor and went into his jeans pocket. I wasn't paying too much attention to what he had pulled out, but his constant moving had me curious. I flipped on my side to see him rolling a blunt. Everything was propped up on my pillow. My plush white pillow. I groaned to myself, flipping back over to watch the cartoons. "You better not smoke that in my house, Shannon."

"What..? Why?"

"Because I said so. Smoke gets stuck in fabrics and carpets. I don't need my place smelling like that." I heard him suck his teeth. "You can go on the patio if it's that important to you."

"It's cold out there right now. What you mean?" I looked at his scrunched up face. He had placed his rolled blunt behind his ear and slumped back into the bed. His eyes were now closed.

"Sorry." I shrugged. I wanted to laugh. Shannon had been feeling some way every since I handed him a bowl of cereal for breakfast. As many times as I've made him breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He's dragging it out. I didn't know cereal could put someone in such a bad mood, it always made me feel better. "I'm going to go take a bath." I sighed, stepping out of bed.

I ran my water extra hot and put a lot of Rose Water bubble bath into it. I let the water run until the bubbles were sitting above the tub's limit.

Going back into my bedroom, I stripped down to just my underwear again and grabbed my iHome deck. Placing my phone in the deck, away from the tub, I played Drake's From Time on repeat. The song for some reason put me in a smooth relaxed mood.

I settled into the water, not minding how hot it was, and just sat back to enjoy it. I hummed along lowly with Drake and let my eyes close in relaxation. it was times like this that I didn't miss going to work at Walmart or school. I could finish my work on my time and still graduate and I didn't have to deal with ignorant people all of time, besides the occasional groupie hoes.

Feeling slight ripples in my water, I slowly opened my eyes to see a naked Shannon joining me. I hadn't even heard him come in. I shut my eyes back. "What are you doing?" I said barely above a whisper. He didn't reply to me. He sat pulling my arm, so I was closer to him. The water slowly cascaded over the sides of the tub and I sighed knowing that my rugs were going to be soaked. Shannon continued to drag me to him until I was sitting in his lap, my bare skin to his. I looked at him to see that he was simply sitting their with his eyes closed. "What are you doing?" I asked again, louder this time. He shrugged.

"I think I'm taking a bath with you."

"I think we shouldn't be doing this."

"Why not? It's not like we fucking. I'm not trying to seduce you Ashleigh. I'm just chilling with you."

"Chilling with me naked, in a tub." He opened his eyes, but kept his head leaned back.

"You want me to get out?" I thought about it for a minute. His company would be nice, but not this close.

"You can stay, but I'm going back over there." I pointed to the empty space he had previously drug me from. I scooted my body away from his back to my original spot, laying back and closing my eyes. I propped my legs up across his since his length took up most of the tub.

I see nothing wrong with this. There's plenty of space between us and the bubbles are so high and full that you can't see through. If I was still sitting on his lap, it would be a different story. But I'm not, I'm in my own comfortable space and he's in his.

"Babe, you need to shave your legs. Feeling like damn apes' legs and what not." I shook my head. He smacked my thigh under the water, making my eyes shoot open. "Ow!" I rubbed the area where he smacked me and side-eyed him. "Asshole." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" He asked, clearly amused. I smacked my lips.

"Nothing. Get out so I can wash up." He chuckled before nodding his head and standing up out of the bubbles and water. He grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist before he stepped out. "And you ain't have to smack my ass. Your legs are really hairy!" I mugged him, grabbing a washcloth and the Rose Water scented body wash.

"I know." He laughed, again. "But you been being slick all morning."

"So you just gone go around smacking me every time I get smart with you? Your hand gone be sorer than me, I'm always getting smart."

"Girl, stop acting like I hurt you. That was just a love tap. I'm not gone smack yo ass."

"I know cause if you do we gone be fighting. With fist, too."

"Oh. I'm shaking in my boots." He left the bathroom and I rolled my eyes. I sat the towel and soap back down on the edge of the tub then sunk back into the water. I was going to wash and get out, but the water was still really warm.

*

"Ashleigh!" I jumped up looking around me. I noticed I was still in the bath tub. The water was cold and all of the bubbles were gone. I fell asleep in the tub. Ain't that about a bitch.

I looked up at a fully dressed Shannon. It looked as if he went gone and then came back to my apartment. Now that I think about it, he did. His gold mouthpiece wasn't here before, so he had to have went home. "Where are you going?" I yawned, and inspected my now wrinkly skin.

"I told you I had to go to the studio. How you fall asleep in here for three hours?"

"Three!? You left me asleep in the tub. I could have drowned!"

"No, I left when you said you were about to wash up. I yelled to you and you said okay so I left." I scrunched up my eyebrows. I didn't remember any of that, I must have really been out of it.

"Oh. Where were you for three hours?- Can you hand me that towel?" He picked up my big pink fluff towel and handed it to me before turning his back so I could step out. He turned without me even having to ask him. I smiled to myself. After wrapping myself, I tapped his shoulder and he followed me into my room.

"I was handling some things for us."

"Us?" I raised an eyebrow before walking to my drawer to get underwear. I pulled out a pair of boy shorts and a matching bra, then went into my closet to dress. I pulled on some light wash, faded skinny jeans and a loose fitting white tshirt. Then I started looking for shoes to wear.

"So, I got you another video."

"Really? With who?" I called out.

"Secret, but here's the catch..." He paused. "It's in Cali." I poked my head outside of the closet door and looked at him to see he was dead serious. He looked up from his phone. "You trying to go?"

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Ah, another chapter for you guys since you showed so much love on my last chapter. Thanks for all of that love by the way. So, what are you thinking?

Vote, Comment, and Fan please!