Chapter Twenty Nine

The car ride to LA X was long and silent. Awkwardly silent. There was tension lingering in the air even though we had talked about the situation already. I forgave Shannon, but every part of me was still pissed off. I love Shannon, but still my anger existed. I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that he had cheated. With someone he once upon a time loved, had a child with, shed tears with. They lived together for a short amount of time. She was once me...

Overthinking the whole ordeal, I could feel more tears burning in the back of my eyes. I wasn't going to allow them to fall. I coached myself along- Don't cry Ash, don't cry. I was done crying and letting this get to me. I was hurt, but I would be hurt without tears and without regret. I still love Shannon, I want to continue to love Shannon no matter the fact that he hurt me. I looked at his hand which rubbed my knee in small circular motions. Placing my hand on top of his, I began to rub small circles into the top of it with my thumb.

Before I knew it we were pulling into the LA X parking garage. Shannon found a parking spot as quickly as he could, parked the car, turned the key in the ignition, and looked at me. I hadn't realized before, but I had been staring at him for most the car ride. I quickly turned my head, looking out the window, as I felt my face flush and cheeks burn in embarrassment. He chuckled lightly, pulling me by my chin to face him again. "You good..." His hand never left my face. "Ash, do you remember last night?" His face held a curious look.

"When the mother of your child, your first love, the love of your life, told on you? how could I forget?" I spoke with so much sarcasm. How could he ask me something like that? Bringing the whole situation back up? That angered me.

"No, baby, after that..." A sigh left his mouth. I looked down, remembering his hand on my face. I slowly lowered his hand by the wrist and shook my head no. I had no idea what happened in between the time we got home to the time I woke up... "Oh, okay..." He turned and opened his door hopping out the rental. I squinted my eyes, even more confused now. I sat there a minute before my door was pulled open. "You coming?" Shannon asked reaching for my hand. I allowed him to help me out.

"What happened Shannon?" He stayed silent, going to get the four suitcases and the carry-on I had. "Shannon tell me!" I whined. He just looked up from what he was doing and looked back down.

"You don't remember..." He turned and slowly made his way tho the garage exit with me trailing behind him. I grabbed the door so he could get through easily carrying all of my things. "Thanks babe." I nodded my head, saying 'you're welcome' in the gesture.

The wait for my plane wasn't long. We were sort of running late anyways. I had checked all of my luggage and grabbed myself a couple snacks for the long ride. I didn't want to pay extra for the plane food. Shannon sat in front of me, doing something on his phone, as I waited for a good time to go through security. I figured ten minutes would suffice. I stared Shannon down, waiting for him to tell me what had happened. He wouldn't tell me though. I sighed, deciding that if he wasn't going to tell me, I wasn't going to sit around and wait. I was tired of racking my brain, I just couldn't figure it out... "I'm ready to go..." I cleared my throat.

"Okay, here..." Shannon dug into his pocket pulling out a plane ticket and a small envelope.

"I already have my ticket..." I held it up, showing him. "Are you coming?" My eyebrows scrunched. I just hoped he would let me go in peace.

"This one is first class. I want you to be comfortable. The amount of the ticket you bought is in that envelope along with something else." I shook my head, declining before he finished.

"No Shannon, I can't. Thank you, but no-"

"I didn't give you a choice, Ash... Here." He cut me off. He slid the envelope and ticket the small distance across the table. Sighing deeply, I accepted them. I knew he wouldn't let me go without either. I stood from the table, Shannon standing after me. He opened his arms, gesturing the he wanted a hug. I walked to him, letting his arms wrap around me and cologne fill my nostrils.