Chapter Thirteen

*Shannon POV*

It's been a week since Ashleigh went through her whole anxiety attack at my house. I can't say that I wasn't in complete shock when she fainted, and I felt guilty as fuck after it. Of course it was my fault. I knew Ashleigh had a boyfriend, been knowing since before she got the chance to tell me honestly. I shouldn't have been all over her, pressuring her into something she wants but can't have at the moment. Yes, I know Ashleigh still wants me. It might not be a lot, but it's something. I can feel it, I always can. The connection and chemistry that we have is something else. It's not like anything I've felt for any female before except my momma and my baby girl Elexa. For Ashleigh to be ranked up there, she has to be something damn special.

I was headed to the set of yet another video. Ashleigh was in this one, too, thanks to yours truly. I like Ashleigh in these videos, her performance is so good and I'm not trying to put her in those slutty ones, so I handle every little detail about it. I guess I'm kind of like her unclaimed manager. I prefer it to be that way so I can handle things without her knowing. Nothing major, just making sure these artist niggas keep their hands where they belong. I let them know where to touch, when to touch it, and what the consequences will be. I'm not trying to act like I'm her nigga or anything, at least that's what I tell the clients. If anything, I'm looking out for Landyn, seeing as he don't want to be a part of anything video related. If I was him, I would be at the sets checking on who my baby girl is going to be smiling, laughing, and twirling her hips around. Shit, as fine as Ashleigh is, I'm becoming all them niggas bestfriend! No faking, we about to be bros, have ourselves a bromance for all I care. As long as ain't no romancing going on with him and my girl. I guess that's just me though.

"Yo!" I dapped up my newest client, Braylon. "You ready to get this started?"

"Hell yeah! After I throw back a shot or two." He laughed. Braylon is a young cat, just turning twenty. Little nigga can't even drink yet! Don't even know how to handle that good liquor. I'm not much older than him though, so I'm not dogging him. I'm just saying.

"You not even legal, dog!" He smacked his lips, just like a young nigga, then joined me in my laughter.

"Nigga, shut that up. I been throwing 'em back since I was fifteen!" He laughed, probably telling the bold face truth. I don't doubt it, I know little niggas nowadays throwing down liquor like they twenty three, but they're really only thirteen. It's a damn shame, but it's true.

Before I could reply, I saw Ashleigh walking into the room. I haven't seen her since the accident, only talked a couple of times through phone call or text. I'm telling you, that week got her looking like a goddess in my eyes. She wasn't even all that dressed up. Actually, not dressed up at all. She never came to shoots trying to show out, I love that about her. She lets her beauty shine through simplicity. Not all females could pull that off. They be looking like they're half chupacabra and shit with all their makeup and freak 'em clothes on. Ashleigh was wearing black ankle length leggings with a white Chicago Bulls tshirt. She paired it with her Bred 11's and had her hair down and curly. All the other girls came dressed up in heels, dresses, skirts, and all that other stuff, but still couldn't compare to Ashleigh's simple beauty.

I smiled as she made her way towards us. She hugged Braylon and they exchanged a few words, then she looked at me. She didn't look as happy as she did when she hugged Braylon, she just smiled slightly. "Hey, Berry." I smiled and nodded my head at her.

"Can I talk to you for a quick second, Ash?"

"Just make it really fast. It's almost time for me to go into hair and makeup... And you know how long it takes to tame my nest." She laughed a little. I grabbed her hand and led her over to a somewhat secluded corner. I pulled her close to me, but not close enough to have her going into anxiety attacks again or to be disrespectful to her dude. "So, what's up?" She peered up at me.

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened."

"I know, you've said this already." She giggled.

"Well, I want to make it up to you. Can I take you out after the shoot tonight? Dinner, maybe a movie. Just friendly, I don't want to be disrespectful to your dude." The small smile on her face slightly disappeared. I hope I didn't say anything wrong, that would hurt more than her saying no. "I say something wrong?"

"No, um, it's just that Landyn and I aren't really a thing anymore. Well, we're on a break because I'm here and he doesn't want me to be." She shrugged. Dude is tripping. I mean, I see where he's coming from not wanting this to be her job and all. But come on. If she wants to do it, who are you to stop her? Just support her and when things go wrong you have the advantage of 'I told you so'. I wouldn't drop Ashleigh because of something so silly. "But, yes. I'll be happy to go out with you tonight." She smiled brightly. Yes, I've missed that cute little smile of hers.

"I knew you couldn't resist all this sexy!" I joked, getting a small laugh out of her. She hit my chest.

"Shut up, Shannon! You not all that cute boy!" I scoffed and threw my head back.

"Ashleigh!? Hair and makeup please!" Theresa, the sets cosmetologist yelled through the room. That was Ash's cue. She smiled and we exchanged a couple more words before she left to the curtained area for her and the other girls to get dressed and made up.

As Ashleigh went into the curtained area, the twins were coming out. I sighed and shook my head. I didn't even know they were in this video. I just hope they don't start talking to Ashleigh again.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

So, something short for right now. The "date" will be in the next chapter along with some other surprises and maybe a new character? Hm, we'll just have to see what goes down, down, down.

Quick question; do you guys feel Shannon or Landyn more? I think I'm going to do a Landyn POV soon too so you can all get a better feel for why Landyn chose to go on this "break" with Ashleigh, all you know is he doesn't like the whole idea of her being a vixen.

Anyways, I'll update again soon.

Vote, Comment, and Fan please!