Chapter Twelve

*Ashleigh POV*

The next day I was released in the morning. The doctor told me that I need to start back going to my anxiety therapist so I can talk, calm down, and start or end my days off relaxed. I don't want to go back to my therapist, nor do I feel like I need to. I was just overwhelmed at the moment and I'm not going to let that happen again.

I called a taxi to come and pick me up. I didn't want to call Shannon and risk anything right now, and Landyn was at work. I would have had to explain until the death of me if called my mom or dad to come get me and I don't know what Leila was up to, but she just wasn't answering the phone. I sighed as I waited for the taxi.

When it finally came, almost an hour later, I was pissed that it took so long. It was hot outside and I had sweated my flatiron out. My hair looked like a big ball of fluff on top of my head and I was not too happy about that. I made a mental note to go and get some braids or something in my hair until I feel like taming this beast. The ride to Landyn's was long from the hospital, but that's where I was heading to. I wanted him to be the first person I see and I wanted to tell him how sorry I was. I mean I didn't do anything wrong, that he knew of, and I wanted to keep it that way. Landyn doesn't need to know that I was close to kissing Shannon and I don't plan in him finding out anyways.

When I got to Landyn's, I used the key he gave me to get in. The first thing I did was started cleaning up a little bit. I moved from his living room, to his bathroom, then the bedroom, and washed up his laundry. I ended my cleaning in the kitchen and made him dinner for when he gets off of work. I had to go with food that he already had at his house because I didn't have my car. He really didn't have much since he eats at my place, we go out, or we just shop for what I need when we're at his place. I settled for fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn. Once I finished everything, I went to shower.

I took a quick but thorough shower, lasting a little over ten minutes. Once I was out I dressed in a pair of bright orange boy shorts and a loose fitting white tank top I had over his house. I put on my fluffy white above the ankle socks and threw my curls into high knot bun on top of my head. I went into Landyn's living room and plopped down on the couch, I was tired as heck man. I turned on the tv and decided on watching For Colored Girls on the BET channel. Not even thirty minutes into the movie, I heard keys in the lock of the front door. I sat up and smiled big, sitting with my legs crisscrossed on the couch. When the door opened Landyn stepped in, but he wasn't alone. He didn't even see me on the couch. "It smell good up in here, what you got a fried chicken air freshener or some shit!?" One of his friend laughed. "You a real nigga."

"Nah, I don't. Who the hell been in my house?" I cleared my throat and Landyn plus all three of his guy friends looked my way. He mugged me. "What are you doing here Ashleigh?" I frowned and sighed, sitting my chin in my hands.

"I thought I was being a good apologetic girlfriend." I mumbled.

"What? Speak up, I can't here you."

"Nothing, Landyn. Enjoy your company." I stood up from the couch and headed towards the back.

"Where you going?"

"To bed. I made chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn. Good night boys." I kept walking.

"Ain't nothing over here relative to a boy, mama." A tall, dark skinned guy spoke. I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"Sorry. Men... and Landyn." I could hear his friends chuckling. I shrugged and tried to go to his room... Again, I was stopped.

"Marie!"

"What?"

"Let me talk to you right quick."

"For what? You have company."