Prologue Nineteen

It seemed like the time stood still. The wind, and the sun and the dark clouds above had stopped to move. The only thing that surrounded me was the darkness.

Empty and hollow, with no sense I could feel, hear, see, smell or taste. Only emptiness.

I have no idea why I had walked into the abounded building on block ten, at street 12 where rumors said that it was haunted with thousands of ghosts. I guess I was thrilled to do something else and daring for once. Because I never been that girl who dared to do things she wasn't allowed to do, in my whole life had two things been my lead. Study and always listen to my parents. Now, when I think back to it wasn't so bad after all. They had protected me from things to happen such as this, and prevented at bad people could get me.

Suddenly, there is a light five feet away from me. The light has the contour of a human, looking around 5'5 tall, with shoulder length hair and oval glasses. However it doesn't have a face- you can't see its eyes, mouth or nose, it's all rested behind a shadow. The ghost, could I now tell stared at me if I was something to threaten this place. Maybe I was?

All of sudden the sound of a curtain swish was heard beside me. I wasn't aware but the ghost had placed a hand on shoulder. It was stone cold and its breath lingered on my throat.

It didn't say anything. Just the silence.

I couldn't breath, it felt like something was strangling me or stopping me from getting air in my lungs. That have never happened to me before but that couldn't be the first time someone was getting strangled in here.

I couldn't break free, the ghost hands where tightening around me throat even more. It didn't want to me step away from this place, the ghost wanted to take me with him to the other side from the living.

After about a minute had I almost lost and stopped resting, let the ghost do want it wanted.

Then I felt nothing, just dead and nothing.