II

A week passed before I could get a so-called interview with "Mr. BIG SHOT".

His assistant Barbara was sweet to me though, and bumped me up when she heard that I was out of college.

I wore a coat over my blouse and pencil skirt. I looked very presentable but I felt stiff. My creative juices wanted to splash paint over this outfit.

"You can go in," Barbara signaled from the front of the desk. It was a big building and I heard that his father and him worked together so it wasn't just him.

I knocked and a man came out holding his portfolio tightly.

"Good luck," he sighed. I felt anxious, he was sweating from his neck. He pulled out a small handkerchief and wiped his forehead and neck as he nodded at me and walked away. He was maybe 40 and looked like a scared 13 year old girl.

I walked into the very large office that was probably as bigger than my room. Windows lined it and it was just white, grey and black in there.

"Take a seat," the suited man announced with his back facing me, he was grabbing coffee from a small golden cart.

"Thank you," I clutched my bag and took a seat in front of his desk.

"So you are," he turned to take a seat at his desk.

I didn't get a chance to look at his face since I was grabbing my portfolio out of my bag.

"I'm Madeline Bloom, Sir," I handed him the papers. He was looking down so I could only see part of his body and his hair. He had regular brown hair and a dark blue suit. His nose looked symmetrical to his face from here but I couldn't really tell until he looked up.

"So Miss Bloom, what is it that you want?" He lifted his head and stood up from his chair. He walked around his desk as I watched and raked my eyes over the man. He was indeed young and very attractive. His jaw was beautiful, his nose was perfect and firm and his eyes were very alluring. He was like the sea and each wave of him drew me closer.

"Miss Bloom," he repeated now by his window.

"Oh... I want to learn more about business and I really think this is the perfect place to start."

"Is that all," he asked unamused by the answer.

"Well, when I heard your name it was the first time," I began to think, "But suddenly your name had so much connotation to success, and that's what I want."

"What?"

"To be like you. Successful."

He grinned and chuckled slightly. He was finally making his way back to his seat which made me very nervous, his poker face was very hard to read.

"Impossible."

I laugh awkwardly," Uhh, why?"

"Because I have and always succeeded. I always got what I wanted," and his eyes narrowed at me. Was he saying that I couldn't succeed?

"Do you believe I fail more than I succeed, Mr. Lane?"

"It could be possible but you did just come out of school, so maybe you do have an opportunity here."

"Thank you...?"

"That is, what job you want."

"Is it not obvious?"

"Miss Bloom, I can read people very well but you are a bit complicated. But women are always hard to read," a slight smirk crept on his face before he spoke again, "So please enlighten me on what your plans are here at Lane Enterprises."