IV

Nathan's POV

"This is her," Sebastian asked confusingly.

"Yes. Her name is Miss Bloom."

"And her first?"

"I don't know." I didn't remember but that was beside the point when Sebastian proceeded to bring up another.

"And what about Zola?"

"She's been clingy lately."

"I see. Ok well this one seems kind so be careful, she doesn't look like the kind."

"We'll see."

Then I followed after Miss Bloom.

Madeline's POV

Sitting in the limo was a new experience since I didn't get to go in one to homecoming or any other time. But being seen with Nathan was also new, of course he's attractive but he wasn't my type.

As the car started Nathan turned to me, "You know my name right?"

"Yes. It's Nathan."

"Call me that from now on."

"Ok..?"

"What is your name aside from Bloom."

"Madeline."

"Interesting. Madeline Bloom."

Hearing him say my name gave me chills. But I know I was not the first name he said that belonged to a woman.

"So why did you invite me?" Huh, Déjà vu.

"Didn't I tell you."

"Nathan-"

"Mr. Lane."

"But you said-"

"Call me Nathan when in front of people outside of my business. But when speaking to me, in front of my employees or when I'm in a business conversation call me Mr. Lane."

"You are very confusing."

"You are as well."

I sighed and sat back, losing interest in our conversation.

"Why are you coming," he spat back.

"I had to," I groaned.

"Did you not appreciate it?"

"Appreciate what, Mr. Lane?"

"I thought you found business boring so I got you a story on the gala."

"Well Mr. Lane don't do me any favors. I can do things on my own. I don't see why people always see the need to help me, I'm not broken."

I crossed my arms and looked out the window feeling angry.

"People?"

"Yes, people."

"Who," he persisted.

"Why does it matter?"

"You said you were single."

I whipped my head back at him, "Why does it matter? If I was with someone I wouldn't be here. But I forgot that you don't believe in monogamous relationships."

"Are you mad at me?!"

"No. I'm just irritated. Why do you show interest in me? I'm just a reporter, why?"

"I just do."

"Thank you for clarifying," I sigh and place my head against the window.

"Mr. Lane we are here," the driver announced lowering his window.