VI

It was my second day but I still considered it my first day. I heard some girl had quit to work for my father's company which made Nathan very upset towards me.

I had not yet been to his apartment or condo or whatever it's considered, but I had also heard that it was beautiful. Don't ask me how they know. So sitting in my small office I looked over his events and meetings. Currently he was at a meeting with some men from L.A. I still didn't understand what Nathan really did but people told me that he also dealt with stocks. But he had to be an entrepreneur, the way he acted reminded me of many others that I met while a reporter but like he said... He was different.

And since I was like his P.A and planner/manager I had to go through his files, and other stuff like that. Everything on paper seemed boring but I couldn't believe it since Nathan was... well Nathan.

"Maddie," Barbara, the girl at the front desk called from some intercom that I was given to speak with her or I guess for her to speak to me.

Quickly I hurried out my door to meet Barbara. "Yes?!"

"Nathan wants coffee from down the street."

"Really!? Why is it me?!"

"I don't know, I usually get his coffee downstairs but he keeps requesting you to do things for him. Maybe he likes you," she teased.

"I barley started and now he wants me to quit," I whined.

"How about on Friday you come to my bachelorette party. You have the weekend off, right?"

"Are you sure, it's basically my first day and we haven't eaten lunch together yet."

"The more the merrier, plus I know how it feels dealing with Mr. Lane."

"Well I'll think about it, thank you though."

"No problem just get his coffee quickly before he gets even more upset," she reminded me.

"We wouldn't want the King to loose his head, would we," I laughed and hurried to the cafe we went together the other day. Quickly I got dark Brazilian coffee since he didn't specified and I decided that I should just get what I would like but more bitter.

"What's taking so long," rang the dreadful tune.

I shuttered, "Nathan.."

"Mr. Lane," he scolded, "I asked for it almost an hour ago."

"I don't think it's been an hour-"

"Are you saying I'm wrong," he walked towards me at the counter.

People where watching now, and I felt so embarrassed.

"No, Sir."

"Hurry let's get a move on," he motioned me to follow as he grabbed the finished product of coffee.

He took a few sips and looked at me as he opened his car.

"What is this," he sat in front of the wheel.

"Dark Brazilian coffee."

"Why did you chose this?"

"I don't know."

He began to quickly drive back to work with me in his car.

"So you chose something without thinking?"

"No I had reasoning behind it."

"Then tell me Miss Bloom."

We were seconds away from getting back to his "empire" when I finally answered.