XIII

Madeline's POV

As I finished my shower I saw Nathan already in the room with a towel on top of his head. I'm guessing he showered somewhere else. He was wearing his usual color scheme for work. But this time he had a purple tie.

"What do we have here," I slipped my shoe on as I approached Nathan as he sat on the bed.

"My father gave it to me as a present a long time ago but I never used it. It was a worthless present."

"Presents aren't worthless," I countered as I got my things.

"So you say," Nathan stood up and pulled me towards him.

"Time to go," I exhaled as our bodies touched. He was hold my wrist with one hand a little high up and his other hand wrapped around my waist as I rested mine on his bicep.

"Speaking of presents, I'm almost 25."

"Really," I smirked. I knew his birthday and the fact that he brought it up now was amusing.

"Yes."

"When," I lifted my head as if challenging him.

"In 4 months."

"Ok, well in 4 months then. Let's go, you have a meeting in 30."

Today Sebastian drove us to work and like always me and Nathan acted professionally. Though it was obvious in my eyes that something was going on between us, no one brought it up except Barbara and Albert Lane, Nathan's father.

Everyone else stayed quiet, at least that I knew of. And I didn't feel like telling everyone because I felt that people who abuse me or Nathan and also the fact that I wanted it to be secretive since it was kind of taboo to me. He was still my boss.

"I'll take your coat, you can head to the meeting with Albert," I reminded Nathan after we arrived.

"Ok, I'll see you in a bit."

"Like wise Mr. Lane."

And for a second we looked at each other with longing for something more. Dare I say it, but I felt that I was beginning to luh- no nothing. It's to soon. I bit my lip as I took his coat.

He graciously handed it to me but as I took it he pulled my arm gently and I was softly pulled to him. And in that second of longing Nathan's hand reached behind my head as he reminded me, "Don't bite your lip."

I rested my hand against his chest and the other tightened around his coat.

Our mouths were touching, softly but frantically wanting more. Of course I retaliated but as we began finishing he pulled my lip with his. He lightly let go and fixed himself up.

"You can go now," he cleared his throat.

"Oh!" I looked around his office, it was hot and not awkward. My neck felt like it was on fire, "Good bye Mr. Lane," I turned away and tried hiding my face from Barbara.

*****

The hours rolled by quickly as I tried to straighten Nathan's schedule and fix my old office to its previous standards.

Then Nathan's dinner with Kyle came and I just reminded him that I'd be ok. Nathan seemed a bit upset but he wouldn't miss much. All we really did when I stayed was cuddle, make-out (ish) and sleep. I was ok with that but whenever his hand would travel I would remind him not to trespass.

On my bus ride home I remembered I had left my planner and Nathan's coat in my office. So I got off my bus and rushed back to work so I could catch the next bus to Nathan's area. Luckily I made it and I had arrived at Nathan's with good time.