XXXIV

Madeline's POV

After breakfast my mother suggested that we take Nicolaj on our travels since he knew most of the places on the email that Barbara sent me. It was weird to visit these places with him since usually these were romantic areas. Going with Jesse was different but with Nicolaj I felt guilty, therefore to some how take away the thought of being guilty, I kept thinking of Nathan's necklace.

"How long have you lived here," I heard Jesse ask just ahead of me.

"For a while, though I didn't get out much till recently. When you are an artist you have to find inspiration therefore I paint the beauty of nature and my home."

"Landscape," I finally spoke up, though I felt like not talking at all, I still had to be kind, but not to kind or someone would notice.

They both jerked and waited for me to catch up. I thought for a second and chose to stand next to Jesse. The cobblestone ground became my bestfriend, I couldn't show my face, not now.

"I do many different pieces but I usually focus on realism and landscapes."

Nodding my head, we continued to our final destination; the Eiffel Tower.

Ohhs and Ahhs came from all around, not excluding me and Jesse. Nothing this beautiful ever ceases to amaze me. The world never ceases to amaze me. But someone was turning green.

****

And after a back and forth argument, I was enjoying the scene in Nicolaj's company.

"Very beautiful isn't it," Nicolaj turned to face me as I took photos. I shivered as I watched his intensity grow on me, "You're very beautiful too, Madeline. Exquisite."

"Thank you," I smiled sheepishly and clutched the necklace trough my shirt. My heart felt heavy, the moment was no longer there. "Ready?"

"Of course if you are. Maybe dinner now?"

"I don't know," I released my hand from the necklace and followed Nicolaj. We were decending now.

"May I ask why?"

I gulped hard and looked down to the photos I took. How would I tell him, do I just say that I have a boyfriend back home? Wouldn't be know? Instead I said something rather dramatic. "I love someone back home."

His eyes widened and he turned his attention forward, "I'm sorry, I must have gotten it wrong."

"What wrong," I touched his shoulder then quickly released.

"Your mother was speaking to me and seemed to paint you as having trouble with men. You seemed like a very nice jeune fille, I did not understand why you were so alone."

I could feel my checks burn, was it so easy to please me? Could I be easily won over like a prize? No that wasn't it, flattery wasn't it, it was anger. And after some time I finally got my feet back to the ground.

Rolling my eyes as we began heading to Jesse, I groaned under my breath, "I'm in a relationship back in the states but my mother does not give me her blessing, I'm sorry about whatever she told you."

  "Ce n'est pas grave," Nicolaj smiled and I returned.

"How was it," Jesse asked as we finally found her.

"Ineresting," I grinned falsely and looked to Nicolaj, "How about a bar?"

"I know many, I can show you if you like?"

"Thank you," Jesse jumped with joy, "I am parched and need to calm my nerves."

"Maybe tomorrow, I feel really drained," I replied as Jesse raised her brow.

Falling For Bad (completed 🔥)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara