XXXII

Madeline's POV

Some time had passed and it was now the day before the big lawsuit. Word had been swimming that Nathan had a  fiancée, which was a photograph of me talking to him causally during one of our escapades.

So we've been very conservative and distant since then. Today I was with Jesse after having lunch with her and Jake. We were doing some Christmas shopping.

"How about this," Jesse teased me with a scandalous piece of lingerie.

"I can't," I laughed and looked away.

"Stop acting like a prude!"

"I'm not a priss."

"I said prude but that's true too," she laughed and tossed the cloth into her basket.

I didn't like this store. It was in the mall and it was during the holidays, a time for families, not sex toys and lingerie. The dim light, over powering fragrances and purple curtains made me feel all the more trashy.

"Dude, I'm going to vomit if we don't leave. We have been in here for a while already."

Jesse grabbed the smallest garment of clothing that I've ever seen and sling shot it to me. I wasn't so afraid of sex and all that, but it was the fact that these were all so erotic and tacky. I wasn't new to some of these things but it was still embarrassing imagining Nathan knowing.

"Why are you getting all of these anyways," I followed Jesse to the cashier.

"Me and Bryan are trying for a kid-"

Bryan was her husband. They met senior year of high school and boom married after college. I've met him a few times, he was absolutely stunning, but not Nathan.

"A kid?!"

"Yes, and I'm an adult with a healthy sexual appetite. Therefore, fun!"

"Total will be 46 dollars and 25 cents," the vibrant cashier told Jesse.

Groaning at the beautiful money being wasted on trashy clothing, I wanted to say sorry to Jesse's wallet.

"Here," Jesse handed me another bag, "I bought these for you."

"Haha funny," I mocked Jesse.

"Seriously. When you and Nathan have sex, you gotta look hot. I mean you already are but you gotta embrace your womanhood."

"Jesse you are crazy. I am not wearing that."

"Well excuse me, little Miss I wear only Victoria Secret."

"Shut up. It's not like that. I just don't feel like Nathan will like that, plus I wear them when it's beneficial, like for my dresses or leggings."

"Fine. But they won't fit me, your waist is smaller... God just take them."

"FINE!" My hand quickly took the bag and pressed it under my arm.

"Happy Christmas," Jesse said smuggly to herself.

"Yeah yeah."