XVI

Madeline's POV

"Jake?"

"Hey Mads, I saw Nathan not to long ago at my act. He was out of it, not so cool, ya know."

"Why would he be there, that's weird."

"Yeah," he chuckled, "Well I think he's going to your house or maybe not."

"WHAT?! WHY?!" My heart expanded ten times it normal size.

"I just talked to him and he looked really uneasy I think he was trying to decide something."

"Dammit Jake," I groaned.

"I didn't do anything. Well maybe, anyways yeah I gotta keep packing. See ya."

"Bye."

I was purposely trying to avoid Nathan but I didn't tell Jake my plan... so I couldn't be mad. He wouldn't have done it intentionally anyways, but why did he think Nathan was coming here?

Either way, I not only avoided Nathan for obvious reasons but so when my time came to leave, it would be easier. Now that I had a slight idea of him thinking about me it made it all the more difficult to leave. He's a bad guy, but a good man. Why Nathan, of all people why the man with the money, body, eyes, hair, but the undeniable bad attitude that drove me crazy yet drew me in. This is why girls like bad boys, they are not only hot but draw the untamed side of girls. Guess some girls need to be reckless.

I have to stop thinking about him. I need to go back to writing. Yeah, that's a good idea. Looking up from my thoughts I noticed that the bus had stopped moving. Cars lined up against the sides, no one in motion.

"What happened," a woman from behind the bus stood.

"If you want I could let you off here. It looks like it might take some time," the bus driver looked to us.

I wasn't so far from home. Maybe 2 blocks or 3 and I'd be there. So I took him up on his offer and made my way home. When the bus door open I began walking on the sidewalk. Many people were walking too. Some were just looking around. A lot of angry people were standing outside of their cars while some continued beeping.

As I continued up the street I saw a group of people become more concentrated. There was a big space in the middle of the road with all the police, ambulance, basically the whole 9 yards. Instinct told me to try and sneak a peak but I wanted to get home before I saw Nathan. I just wanted to finish packing so I could get to my mom.

So I just walked passed the large crowd of people trying to find out what happened. My phone hasn't received any messages from Nathan either so maybe he gave up. Whatever it was, I was a bit calmer knowing that he wasn't so obsessed with trying to contact me.

Still... I wanted to call him and being as reckless as I was, I called Nathan. It was loud and I heard a phone ring in the crowd of people as I called Nathan Mars Lane. This person had an iPhone because since Nathan was a busy man I knew exactly how an iPhone sounded and even recognized his different sounds. Hearing it brought back memories that I didn't want to remember. Added to the memories the phone seemed to grow louder and louder to which I could barley hear my phone through all the calls and people. I gave up and so did the person on the other end of that line. Funny.

*****

It was late at night and I was dosing off on my little couch. The tv was on the news channel and they were talking about the accident. I disliked watching things like this so I turned of the tv and dragged myself to bed. My phone had been dead a while after I started walking so I had a very calm night. No one was calling me every hour. And Nathan never came. In a way I hoped he would. I wanted to be the girl the man fought for like Julia Roberts in a way but no one would climb up a ladder with flowers in hand, especially not Nathan.