XXIII

Madeline's POV

I was so tired when I woke up at home. I was slumped in bed without my shoes trying unsuccessfully to remember how I ended up here. Images of Nathan bringing me home were there but I couldn't tell the difference between a dream and reality.

Sitting up I wiped the drool off my cheek and tried to clear my head. It was one of those days.

I wondered if Samantha and Melissa ever came but if I was right, they did. My home seemed so lonely, I had been spending so much time with Nathan that I've neglected my own life. What was life? I didn't know but I needed breakfast.

Slipping into comfortable clothes I walked out into the kitchen to find something to eat. My phone had no messages or calls so I'm guessing that my work is done with Nathan, but I still wanted to see him, but maybe some other time because right now I want to see my friends and reestablish myself back into my life or at least start my day off.

"... Miss Bloom?"

My hand stopped from grabbing the almost expired milk when a familiar voice rang from the other side of my door.

Peeking through the plain white shades of the window I was able to see a figure similar to Sebastian's. Meaning that he was back and my job really was done.

"Hold on," I called out as I ran to unlock the door.

Opening the door I saw Sebastian smiling faintly and beside him John, oddly enough.

"Hey babe," John smiled to me and hugged me. I hugged back, not wanting to seem rude.

Looking to Sebastian I saw a white box inside a bag. "Can we have a moment," he lifted the bag.

Nodding I allowed the two gents into my modest home. I closed the door and told Sebastian and John to take a seat in the living room.

It was quiet, but somehow lively with guest to join me. I haven't seen John for a while and Sebastian hasn't been here for more than I would've liked. It was just me and Nathan for a long time. So did they know...they had to.

We were all sitting in the living room cutting pieces from a beautiful cake that was almost to pretty to eat.

"Nathan wanted to thank you for helping but-"

"But," I interrupted Sebastian, "He doesn't need me anymore. So is this cake from him?"

John began chuckling, "You're a smart girl."

"Sometimes."

He laughed again and smiled, "And funny? I don't see why Nathan never acted on that."

I didn't know how to take that, in some ways John was right, but I wasn't a catch, I was nothing special. I had a special family but nothing besides that really stood out about me, when I'm with Nathan I feel more timid and confused. But at the same time... That's also who I am; the "smart", "funny", timid and confused girl.

"So I guess I shouldn't see Nathan anymore right? Melissa wouldn't like that and I'm sure seeing another girl wouldn't help his reputation."

"You hit the nail on the head," John said right before bitting into the cake slice.

Then Sebastian rose and so did I. "Goodbye Miss Bloom," his hand extended and I shook it. It felt sad to say goodbye because I didn't know when I will see any of them again.

"Yeah, I'm sorry but if Nathan lucked out then you can join me at the track again," John was as happy as ever.

Smiling I told him "another time" and we ended hugging again. It was weird to be hugging John when his brother was Nathan, in some ways I was hugging Nathan, but John and Nathan are very different.