XI

Nathan's POV

Three days have passed since I last seen Maddie. Since Barbara was a friend of hers I'd ask her how Maddie was doing. But Barbara would say, "Packing," and continue working.

I couldn't ask Mr. Cunningham or my "friends", family would just tell me to go after her. But she was toxic and the more I thought of her the more addicted I became to not only her body but her hair, eyes, breath, and all of Maddie herself. Leading me to have salacious and obscene thoughts. But I didn't want to return to pitiful girls who didn't satisfy my whims. Just being near Maddie was enough to put my mind at ease but at the same time it made it worse. She was very troublesome but a man like myself didn't like easy things. I enjoyed challenges, and Madeline was nothing more than a challenge, a complicated one. John also said that women were a challenge so now I think I finally found mine.

Today I was going to have dinner with Melissa, the only person who would give it to me straight and had a thought process as close to mine.

Arriving at the restaurant I saw Melissa at our usual spot by the window with dim lighting and champagne ready. It was cold today and it called for rain.

Quickly I found Melissa.

"Nathan," she rose and kissed my cheek.

"Did you order yet," I asked as I sat down.

"No, I was waiting for you."

"Ok, do you have your choice in mind?"

"I always do," she smiled and sipped her champagne.

I called for a waiter and he came quickly, knowing that I wasn't patient.

"Good evening Mr. Lane and Mrs. Lane."

We came here twice every month when Melissa and I were together. I even asked for her hand when one waiter brought the champagne. But he never found out we broke off our marriage since Melissa never took off her ring.

"Can I have the Filet Mignon."

"Usual?"

"Yes."

"And for the lady?"

I looked over to Melissa who just smiled at me. So I ordered for her and the waiter left but not before refilling our glasses.

"How's your little fling," Melissa grinned as she sipped her champagne.

"Not a fling. We didn't do anything."

Melissa narrowed her eyes and gave me a reassuring look.

"Can we get some red wine, finest you have, it's on me."

A nearby waiter bobbed his head and left in search of the wine.

"You don't like wine."

Melissa smiled and held my hand, "You need a pick me up."

Looking down at her hand touching mine, I pulled back not wanting more intimacy than I liked.

"What's wrong," her voice was sweet as honey.

"I feel like Madeline is changing me. I never wanted a relationship and never looked for companionship before but with her I feel different. I want to touch her, hold her and not just have sex. But she's still a virgin. It's very conflicting because once I see her I want to stay in bed with her all day."

"And?"

"You know my rules, you were one that I shared my bed with."

"Nathan, all girls you ever slept with wanted more-"

"I know that but Madeline makes it obvious and I am not only physically attracted to her but mentally, spiritually and so on."

"So what is it you want to do? This sounds like a joke, it doesn't sound like you at all," she crossed her arms and leaned back scoffing at my statement.

"I just need to relax. This little girl is making thinking and concentrating very hard for me right now."

Then our wine came and I agreed for him to pour us a glass. Sipping the wine our moods both lightened quite quickly.

"If you want to relax," Melissa began with sultry in her voice, "Why not come back to my new place. I have something you could help me with."

Her eyes spoke words that her mouth didn't, but I agreed. Although I knew Melissa was still mad at me for not accepting her feelings I also knew that she was a fantastic person to sleep with, that is how we built our marriage, around sex.

As we left to her house, the thoughts and feelings I had about Maddie had subsided and now what filled my head was the bare, model, Melissa and I on her King size bed.

Of course we f***ed. But I had enjoyed it, Maddie and I had went out separate ways and I just couldn't bring myself to do what I did to Melissa with her.

"Nathan," Melissa ran her hand down my chest as I contemplated my actions that night and my prior ones with Madeline the day I almost took her virginity. What any other woman had to offer couldn't match to just being able to see Madeline smile.

This girl was making such a number on me without even knowing.

"I have to go," I pushed her off.

"Why," she sat up watching me change back into my suit.

"This was not suppose to happen or maybe it was. I just don't think we should go back to this."

"What's so special about her," Melissa's ugliness began to shine.

"She doesn't care of my wealth or looks or whatever makes you women stay with a man like me," I hurriedly replied as I finished putting my shoes on, "Without knowing she made me like her. Any woman who can do that for me, is the woman I want to be with."

"She's young. A child!"

"But very mature and knows what she wants at least she acts like it with me. She keeps me on my feet and doesn't make things easy. Easy is boring for me."

"Ok, then why her? I am much more better to look at. I am experienced, in all subjects that matter, on and off the bed. Why do you accept her feelings and not mine? What is so different between us that you Nathan, the very high and mighty man to change his ideals?!"

As I grabbed my jacket I looked once more to my Melissa staring me down with daggers and I at her. "Because I didn't have to accept her's, I had to accept mine. Madeline may not be the most seductive woman, but just by glancing at her I am unable to control myself. I like a challenge and I'm use to getting what I want."

"Leave." Melissa seemed hurt and rough, like she had just gone to war. But I was doing this so that I can get Madeline, though it was troublesome and tedious I wouldn't mind waking up on the same bed, sharing the same meal, and sleeping with the same person for the rest of my days. Especially if that person was Maddie. My feelings were finally becoming aware to me. But maybe I was to late...

✾ ✾ ✾ ✾ ✾

A/N OMG!! What's going on... What just happened!? Was what I asked myself watching OITNB... Besides that, here is another chapter of Falling for Bad. So I've been thinking... Would it hurt to share a picture of how Melissa looks? What is your take on what you just read? I dunno but yeah, thanks for the reads, votes and support. You guys are all awesome.

-Stace