XVII

Madeline's POV

So I woke up early today around seven to go see Nathan. I was nervous about making a surprise visit. I did call his house phone which I knew Mrs. Monty usually answered so I informed her that I was making a surprise visit.

She did sound excited but I asked her to keep it hushed and on the down low since I didn't want Nathan to know ahead of time. She promised me and then went on to inform me that she had just told Sebastian the news.

I mentally slapped my forehead due to how quick she was to gossip. I trusted that Sebastian would not say a word.

So around 10 in the morning I stopped by the cafe that Nathan and I went to and got our usuals. Which was basically Brazilian and for the lordship the exact same cup, except without all the creams and sugars.

The bus ride felt shorter than usual but that could be because I was nervous. I was holding two coffees with two unsteady hands which led the bus driver to ask me not to spill any. He could tell I was a nervous wreck. Even if Nathan was "broken" I could still feel all his intimidation even before seeing him. I really had to bring myself together because I couldn't show him how I handled the news. I was still mad about the whole Melissa thing so there was also that.

Stopping by his home I walked in wearing my skinny jeans and my white sheer blouse with my tank. Also leading in water since I stepped on a puddle with my boots. This is the first time that Nathan will see me wearing casual clothing, and ironically I still felt like I was his assistant and what not. I noticed my tracks of water once I entered the elevator but the bellboys were quick to warn me about the mess I was making. I wasn't even here for 5 minutes and I already didn't belong in luxury.

Men dressed like Nathan entered the elevator. They spoke of business and truth be told I could've sworn that I pictured Nathan's face on one of them. When they exited they nodded at me before leaving. I've been here before but I never felt so out of place, I was beginning to compare myself to Melissa and that's what made me feel worse.

Not only that, but I was beginning to think that Nathan had chosen her already and didn't want to see me since I wasn't as pristine as she was. Though I had a father from their world, I never really had the chance to be apart of it since my mother tried to help me be my own individual person. Smiling to myself I remembered the men in suits coming to have dinner at our house and be amazed that my father did in fact have a daughter whom he always gloated about. But now, how could I compete with another gloated child like Melissa.

Why was I thinking this way?

I always knew that there was a chance that he wouldn't want anything to do with me but what if now in reality... he didn't?

Every step I took to his door when the elevator stopped the more nervous I became. The anxiety built when I was 10 feet away. At 5 my heart began to pound viciously and at 0 I was sweating at the nape of my neck.

I knocked very softly but loud enough for Mrs. Monty to hear if she was nearby. Checking the time and waiting was even more nerve racking. I just wanted everything to be ok but childish thoughts never did come true or at least in my case. Every thing for me, was very complicated to say the least.

"Hello!"

"Ahh," I clutch my heart.

She began to laugh, "I'm sorry, I'm so happy you are here."

"I told you ahead of time," I entered as she showed me in.

"Yes I know but Sebastain has some family affairs to tend to and I'm going on vacation with my husband."