Chapter 56

Nick's POV

I wake up and listen for any kind of sound but I hear nothing I get out of bed then walk downstairs into the kitchen and I see a piece of paper on the counter I walk over and pick it up then read it. "Went out we need to talk when I come home." She was right we did need to talk I felt terrible for what I said to her especially for when I said I wish I had never met her on that cruise that was wrong since she was out I had all day to make things right between us she had to know how sorry I was for the argument. I go upstairs change then grab my stuff and walk out of the house I only had so many hours to get everything done before tonight.

Mallory's POV

I take a deep breath before I walk in the house because I don't know what kind of mood Nick is going to be in. I walk in the house and stop when I see Nick standing there holding something in a blanket that keeps squirming around in his arms he looks at me and smiles "Hi Mal." I look at him "Hey Nick." He opens the blanket and puts a German Shepherd puppy in the floor "Go meet mommy." I smile then pick it up "Is he for me" Nick nods his head then walks over "His name is Jack if you don't like the name you can change it." "No Jack is perfect." Nick looks at me "I'm so sorry I didn't mean anything that I said to you I love you and I will never regret meeting you, I made dinner and I would love to spend tonight with you." I smile "I'd like that Nicky."

Nick's POV

Nick's POV

After dinner we go for a walk by the lake and I lead her to the spot where I had placed some blankets earlier before she got home we walk over and sit down just as the sun starts to sink down. She leans over and lays her head on my shoulder and I wonder if now is a good time or if I need to wait longer I lean over and kiss her. She kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck I push her back on the blankets and run my hands under her shirt she reaches up and puts her hand on my chest and I look down at her. "Is something wrong?" She shakes her head "I want to but we are outside." We go inside then go to our room she kisses me and pulls off my shirt I kiss back and push her on the bed then pull of her shirt and start kissing down her neck and she runs her fingers down my chest. I had managed to work things out with her and everything was okay between us again we spend the whole night making up.

Mallory's POV

Three weeks pass after Nick and I make up I start feeling weird Nick had insisted on cooking at least one meal every day so I thought I had food poisoning from something he cooked I didn't want to tell him though because it would hurt his feelings. I run in the bathroom and empty the contents of my stomach again and I feel Nick start rubbing my back "This is gross Nick you don't have to see this." He kiss my head "You're sick I'm supposed to take care of you." I smile "Thanks Nicky." I let out a groan then lean forward and empty my stomach once more