Chapter 3; We Share Secrets

Tap. Tap. Tap

My eyes flickered towards my window. It was midnight. What could this person possibly have to say that was so important? Plus, I was up reading the best book ever. I groaned, and not even bothering to think about who it could be, I walked to my window. There stood Mikey and Gerard Way.

I opened the window. "What are you guys doing here?" I snapped.

"Nice to see you too, Stellers! How are ya?" Gerard said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "Tired. And two weirdos are at my window."

"Yeah, about that, can we come in?"

"Sure... But Question - how did you get here? How far did you have to walk?"

"Oh, we live right there," Gerard turned around and pointed to the house that bordered our backyard.

"You live behind me?" I yelled, then clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Nice going," Mikey snickered.

Gerard giggled. "Yeah. And mine and Mikey's rooms appear to face yours... it's just a tad higher. It's up on the second floor."

"I guessed."

He smiled cheekily. "So, yeah, can we come in?"

"Sure..." I stepped to the side so they could step in.

Gerard almost fell on his face, but Mikey easily slid in. It's probably because Mikey's smaller. I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh, and Mikey shook his head.

I sat down at the foot of my bed and the guys sat in front of me. "So why did you guys come here?"

"We just wanted to talk," Mikey said simply.

"About...?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Stuff..." Gerard said.

"Oh I have an idea," Mikey blurted. "How 'bout we play 20 Questions? Me and Gee'll get to know you better."

Gerard nodded his head enthusiastically. "Yeah! We should! I wanna go first. Alright Stella, whose your favorite artist?"

"Blink - 182. I love 'em," I answered brightly. They were my favorite band. "But sadly, I've never seen them live." I frowned.

"Frank likes them," Mikey said. "Wow, you guys have a lot in common. You both play guitar, like Blink -"

"Don't finish that sentence."

Gerard laughed. "Alright, Mikes. Your turn,"

"Um... Stella, how many boyfriends have you had?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "One in eighth grade... Two in high school... So three. I'm still friends with one."

"Isn't it awkward?"

"No, not really. I haven't talked to him since I moved here though. I think I should call him tomorrow..."

"What's his name?" Gerard gushed.

"That counts as a question. His name is Jordan."

"Sounds like a girl," Mikey grimaced.

I glared at him. "Wow, Mikey, that was rude. He's not a girl, he's a guy."

 He huffed and looked down. "Aw, Mikey!" Gerard exclaimed. "Do you have a crush on Stella? Is that why you're upset?"

"No!" he protested, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Shut up, Gerard." I snapped. "It's fine, Mikey."