Chapter 17; Cartoons Aren't Half Bad

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY. LOOK WHAT I HAVE FOR YOU :D

By the way, I didn't bother proofreading because I'm a lazy fuck so excuse any mistakes.

Go on, my minions.

Mikey was kissing me.

And I was enjoying it. Really enjoying it.

So it took every once of strength I had to put my hands on his chest and push him away.

Hurt flashed in his eyes. "I shouldn't have done that, right? I'm so sorry."

I shook my head. "It's not quite that. It's just... I feel really guilty. My dad just died, and here I am - about to make out with a guy in the hallway. I'm a little bit of a mental mess right now, and I need to figure some things out before I just jump into a relationship with you."

He sighed. "I understand. I'm sorry I did that - I wasn't thinking."

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. He furrowed his eyebrows and I said quickly, "I don't want this to make it awkward between us. Let's just pretend it didn't happen for a while until we're ready to talk. Sound like a plan?" He nodded and slipped his hand out of mine. I know I just said I was confused and all, but I couldn't help my heart dropping when he did that.

We went back to the waiting room and told everyone the bad news. Immediately, I was engulfed in a group hug while repeated sorries were muttered in my ear. They just made me feel worse by reminding me what happened, but I didn't say anything. I couldn't seem to force the words out through the lump in my throat. Blinking repeatedly, I took deep breaths to stop myself from sobbing again.

3 Weeks Later

We were at a Church - and by "we" I mean the guys and Randi, their parents, and myself. Sadly, we were attending my dad's funeral. Plenty of my relatives - most of them ones that I haven't seen since I was a kid - showed up to mourn. Everyone was wearing black and it was just depressing.

I didn't want to be there.

Someone put their arms around my shoulder and I looked up hoping to see Mikey sending me a reassuring smile, but I felt my stomach drop when I saw it was Gerard. He squeezed my shoulder, "How're you holdin' up, babe?"

I sighed. "I'm surviving. I'd rather be anywhere but here, but what can you do?"

He squeezed my shoulder again. "You don't deserve this."

"My dad didn't deserve this. It's not about me."

He frowned, losing his always cheery vibe. "I'm sorry, babe. We're here for you, don't forget that." Smiling weakly, he pulled me closer to him. I couldn't help but give him a small smile in return. Gerard always knows how to make me feel better.

Too bad I like his younger brother.

Whoa. Where did that come from?

I mentally shook my head. I could not think about this right now. I had to focus on my dad now and Mikey later.

There was a priest who had been talking and praying and everything for the past ten minutes, but I honestly wasn't paying attention. I'm not really a religious person so I wasn't going to pray for my dad. It will remain a mystery as to why he's having a Christian funeral considering he wasn't really religious either but I guess I should just go with it for now.

"Now," the priest's voice rang through the half-full church. "Anyone who wishes to say any words may come up." He retreated to a chair on the far side of the altar area.