Chapter 11; Party Poison

"What would you like today?" Gerard asked, taking out his wallet.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know, you tell me. Don't you normally order for me?"

He chuckled. "Oh right. I almost forgot." He turned back to the worker, "Um... one white chocolate mocha and an iced coffee, please." He handed the worker a ten and turned back towards me.

"Is the mocha mine?"

"Yup," He popped the 'p'.

"You're still trying to get me to like coffee?"

He rose an eyebrow at me. "Did I look like I was kidding?"

I hung my head. "No," I mumbled.

He smirked and shoved the coffee under my nose. "Drink."

I took the cup silently and obeyed. I took a tiny sip before puckering my lips and tapping my chin.

Gerard laughed. "Deep in concentration, are we?"

"I'm analyzing it. Didn't you want me to be a hundred percent truthful so you could one day make me the perfect cup of coffee?"

"Yes..."

"So there."

"Well," he got out a crumpled piece of paper and a pen. "What do you think?"

"Hmm... I actually kinda like it..."

"More specific, babe."

"Kinda bitter... nice taste though... I would've liked more sugar... I give it an eight out of ten."

He nodded before shoving the paper back into his pocket. "We're making progress."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just sit down, O Wise Lord of Coffee."

"Damn straight that's what I am."

I laughed and led him to a small booth in the corner of the room, by a window. We sat down across from each other.

"So... how's the band goin'?" I said, taking another small sip of my drink.

"Okay," Gerard sighed. "I haven't had much song writing inspiration lately, though. And Ray and I have been trying to get a few gigs, but no luck."

"Well that sucks."

"That was a very elegant way of putting it."

"I'm just talented that way."

He chuckled. "Stop making me laugh. I don't like laughing."

"LIAR."

He laughed some more. "Okay maybe not. But whatever."

I was about to say something in response, but I caught sight of a certain person I really didn't want to see. Jenna Price. She was waiting for her drink and looking around, so she was bound to see me eventually.

As if she wasn't bad enough on that day at Platinum, she got even worse at school. I had gym with her, and she did whatever she could to humiliate me. She did it out of class too. She pushes me around in the hallways, and on one occasion she dumped food on me in the lunchroom... in front of everyone. She just sauntered over and poured Coke on my head. Another time, she tripped me so that I fell face-first into my tray of ravioli. Each time, Mikey helped me clean up like the good friend he is.

I also found out she was responsible for Frank getting shoved in that locker on the first day of school. She got a bunch of football players to do it, but I guess they found it fun because they did it more after that without her orders.