Chapter 8; Quite the Storm We're Having, Huh?

I looked up from my magazine as Bob walked through the front door of Platinum Records soaking wet from the current storm that was raging outside. At five in the afternoon.

"You're late," I said, returning my gaze to the magazine.

"Pfft," he shrugged off his jacket and walked toward me. "You didn't even show up yesterday."

"Touche."

"That's my seat."

"I was here first!"

"Well I'm here now!"

I stuck my tongue out at him and hopped off of the chair. I sat on the counter as he settled himself in his throne. He then looked at me, amusement plain in his eyes.

"So how 'bout last night, huh?" he smirked. "I bet you and Mikey got a kick outta that."

I sucked in a breath and let it out slowly. I knew the guys wouldn't let me live this down until something new and interesting happens. Which wasn't bound to happen soon, so I was out of luck.

"It was a dare, Bob."

"You guys were blushing forever afterwards though."

I rolled my eyes.

He smirked again. "You know Mikey's got the hots for you, right?"

I flushed. "He does not!"

Bob raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Then why was he so eager to kiss you?"

"He was not! It was Gerard's stupid dare!"

"You saw what you wanted to see."

"Have you considered that you saw what you wanted to see?"

"No."

I groaned.

"Sorry, doll," he shrugged.

"I hate you," I spat.

"I love you too," he grinned. "How 'bout you be an angel and shelve the boxes in the back?"

"I'd rather not,"

"Please?"

"I did it last time!"

He sighed. "Fine. I'll do. Dammit, karma." He got up reluctantly and began his journey to the backroom to get started on the endless heavy boxes. I smiled triumphantly and sat down in his chair.

After finally settling back in and getting my magazine, the bell chimed at the door. I picked up my head again to see a walking version of what my worst nightmare would be. It was a girl. She was blonde, tall, tanned, and everything about her seemed perfect (except her personality, I would bet my life on it). She walked with pride, and didn't even stumble despite the fact that she was wearing eight inch heels. She appeared to be wearing a pound of make up and everything she wore was pink - a mini skirt and polo shirt.

I think Bob knew her becuase right when he caught sight of her, he ducked behind a shelf.

Blondie strode toward me and stopped in front of the counter. I was just staring at her, not knowing what to think.

"Are you just gonna keep staring, or ask me what you can do for me?" she snapped after a while.

I mentally slapped myself and perked up. "What do you want?" I said, my tone rude.

"That's no way to treat customers. Just wait til I tell your manager about this."

I rolled my eyes. "He doesn't care."