Chapter 12; Stella, Would You Take Me Home?

School after what happened at the party was worse than before. Frank, Mikey, and I got bullied a whole lot more. Bob, however, was left alone. Probably because he was bigger and stronger than the three of us but... oh well.

Sadly, Frank and Mikey got beat up practically every day. Frank got shoved in lockers and tripped in the hallways. Mikey got thrown around by football players and got himself landed with all-around old-fashioned beatings. I, however, got attacked in gym by the Queen Bitch herself. I was more verbally abused, sometimes shoved around. I think I got off lucky, which was definitely unfair. The three of us tried sticking up for each other, but it was hard.

High school sucks.

I was sitting in Americain History when Mikey told me the greatest news I'd heard in a long time. Especially considering the recent events.

"Psst," he said, leaning stealthily over his desk towards me. "Gerard got us a gig."

"WHAT? DUDE, REALLY? THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!" I squealed, jumping in my seat.

Mr. Greene - whom I've gotten pretty close to, closer than any other teacher I've had before - looked at me over his glasses. "Stella Jones?"

"Hmm?" I said, whipping my head to look at him. I noticed everyone else in the class was either glaring at me or looking very agitated. I put my hands over my mouth, "Oh! I'm so sorry! I just got excited."

"Continue your reading," he said sternly.

"Sorry Mr. Greene," I said quickly, looking down. I heard Mikey snicker and flipped him off under the desk. He just laughed more.

The class went agonizingly slow after that. The room was eerily quiet. I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat every so often, aching to leave class and learn more about Mikey's news.

When the bell finally rang I was the first to jump from my seat and pack my bags. But of course, because I'm so awkwardly weird, I was in such a rush to pack nothing would fit in my bag. When I finally packed, everyone was gone and Mikey was waiting at the door.

I started to go to him but I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I slowly turned around to find Mr. Greene standing there, arms crossed, looking very unamused. I heard Mikey laugh but try and disguise it as a cough.

"Miss Jones," he said slowly. "Can I talk to you?"

"Y-yes, sir," I stuttered. Oh shit.

He looked behind me. "You're dismissed, Mr. Way."

"Can't I -?"

"I said," he snapped, glaring at him. "You're dismissed, Mr. Way."

I heard Mikey run away.

Mr. Greene opened his mouth, but I began talking before he could, "I'm so sorry for cursing in the middle of class! Mikey told me something very awesome and special and cool and great that I got excited over." I rambled. "He plays bass in his brother's band, My Chemical Romance. His brother's friend, Ray Toro, is in it and he's really awesome. He has great hair. Frank Iero, a sophmore, and Bob Bryar, a senior, are also in it. I've heard them play since I moved here in July. They're so good! Mikey's brother has been trying to get them a gig forever and in the middle of class while we were reading Mikey decided to tell me they got one  and I kind of freaked out. They totally deserve one and I got so excited and happy for them! I'm SO sorry! So so so so so so sorry!" I inhaled sharply, then exhaled deeply.

Mr. Greene rose an eyebrow then chuckled. "My God, that was amusing."

"You're... you're not mad?"