Chapter 5; I'll Take That Cookie Now

Because Jason can be evil sometimes, I called Alexa to confirm that they were coming. I wanted to make sure that Jason wasn't screwing with me. You never knew with him. But Alexa said it was true so I did a victory dance around the house.

Well, it's the eve of their arrival and my dad and I were running around the house making it nice enough for the five of us to live in. Even if it is temporarily, we wanted my best friends to be comfortable.

Ever since the phone call, Frank has been bugging me about not being able to talk to Jason. Even though I kept reminding him that he'll meet Jason in less than a week, he was still upset. Anyway,  everyone else was excited.

Currently, I was at Gerard's house drinking Coke while they were having band practice. I was zoned out until I realized they were yelling at each other.

"Oh come on!" That was Mikey. "It wasn't that bad!"

"Mikey," Now it was Gerard. "You were off-beat the whole song."

"You were eight beats behind me!" Frank yelled.

"No way it was that bad!" Mikey argued.

"It was definately eight," Ray said.

"No. You're exaggerating."

I finally looked up and saw Mikey, the usual pokerfaced calm guy, standing away from the other four with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face.

"It's fine, Mikey," Bob said, setting his drumsticks down. "We can redo it."

"No, we can't." Mikey huffed.

"Why not?"

"I'm not into it anymore!"

"You never were!" Gerard snapped.

"Oh shut up, Gerard!" Ray scoffed. He turned to Mikey, "We will redo it. Get ready."

Mikey sighed and Frank rolled his eyes but got back to his intrument anyway.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked in a small voice.

They ignored me.

"It's... her isn't it?" Gerard said snidely.

"Shut up." Mikey shot back.

Gerard held up his hands in defeat then moved them to grip the microphone. They re-did "Vampires Will Never Hurt You" and apparently, Mikey did it right this time.

I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was 11pm. "Hey guys," I piped up while they were putting their instruments away. "What do you want to do now?"

Ray yawned. "Well, I have to head home."

"You're tired, FroFro?"

"Yes," He ruffled my hair, "I go to University, you know. I gotta wake up early in the morning."

I pouted. "Alright..." I ran up to hug him. "I'm going to miss you!"

He laughed and hugged me back. "Bye Stella!" He waved to everyone else and walked out of Gerard's basement and to his car.

I turned back to the guys. "One down, who else is leaving?" They all murmered their answers at the same time.

"I live here, so..."

"My room is upstairs..."

"I'm not drunk yet!"

"I only leave when Gee-Bear kicks me out."

Gerard cast a sideways glance at Frank. "Really Frank?"

He smirked. "I can only stay away from you for so long, GeeGee."