Chapter 7; Truth or Dare

It took Alexa, Jordan, and Jason the rest of the afternoon to settle in. But once they did, we all lounged around in my bedroom. The clock read 8 o'clock pm, and we were all bored out of our fucking minds.

I spoke up after an uncomfortable silence. "Gee, I thought it would actually be fun to have you guys here. Boy, was I wrong."

"Thanks," Alexa rolled her eyes.

"We love you, too," Jason threw a pillow at me.

 Just as I was about to say something witty and sarcastic back to him, the phone on my bedside table rang obnoxiously. I scrambled to get it.

"Hello?"

"Stella!" the voice of Gerard exclaimed on the other side. "Are your friends here yet?" I heard some voices in the background. "And why weren't you at work today? Bob wants to know."

"They're here. And tell Bob that I was gonna go, but their flight was changed so I had to get the day off to pick them up and help them settle in."

"Okay." Gerard excused himself to tell Bob that, and I could hear his protests. They were hilarious, as always.

"So!" Gerard sounded winded by the time he returned. "You should bring your friends to my house tonight. We want to meet them. Especially Frank."

I rolled my eyes even though Gerard couldn't see. "I bet he does. Okay, we'll be there."

"Yay!" he exclaimed. "Hurry. And wear something sexy."

"Don't I always, Gerard?" I replied sarcastically.

He laughed and hung up.

I turned back to my visiting friends. "Alright campers," I started, getting up. "Gerard has invited us to his house, and we are all going. Get ready!"

Alexa jumped right up, running out of my room, screaming. Jason, shook his head and followed after her, much more calmly.

I went to grab my black hoodie, and turned to face Jordan only to see him still sitting down.

"C'mon, don't you wanna come?" I said softly.

"Not really..." he replied, looking down.

"Why not? They guys are great. You'll love 'em."

He didn't say anything.

I got down on my knees in front of him and folded my hands. "Please? For me?" I begged.

He sighed, but I could tell he was smiling. "If I have to..."

"Thank you!" I grabbed his arm and dragged him out to my car. On the way out, I called to my dad, "We're going over to Gerard's house!"

"Whatever!" I heard him yell.

I rolled my eyes and closed the front door. I saw Alexa already seated in the passenger seat, and a grumpy looking Jason in the back seat. I didn't want to know what happened, so I didn't ask.

Jordan and I seated ourselves, and I put the key in the ignition. So the drive to Gerard's house began.

"Why the long face, Jason?" Jordan asked, amusement clear in his voice.

"I don't have shotgun." he said huffily.

I saw Alexa roll her eyes. "Does it really matter that much?"

"Yes!"

"Oh, quit bitching."

"I'm not bitching! I just want the front seat!"

"Glad to see my company is good for you," Jordan said sarcastically.

They ignored him. "I got here first!" Alexa exclaimed.