Chapter 4; A Very Important Phone Call and a New Song

I was shocked when I walked into Platinum and didn't see Bob at the register waiting for me. I assumed he was just running late, and went to sit on "his" chair. I tapped my fingers on the table before sighing and giving up. I was playing with my fingers as the bell on the door rang. I snapped my head up to see the Way brothers - yet again - walking over to me.

 "Hey Stella," Gerard dragged out the 'y' in hey.

"Hi Gerard," I said dragging out the 'i' in hi.

"What are you doing after work today?"

"Going school shopping,"

"But... it's barely August..."

"My dad wants to get a head start before every store starts flooding."

"So you're getting your uniform today?" Mikey smirked.

"Wait, we have a uniform?" I shrieked, dumbfounded. "I thought Belleville High was a public school! That name is very misleading!"

"Whoa, easy girl!" Gerard said, holding his hands up.

"I was kidding!" Mikey assured me.

I put a hand over my heart as if I was having a heart attack. "Never do that again. You scared the shit outta me."

Mikey just laughed. "I guess you hate uniforms, huh?"

"I'm not answering that," I said plainly.

"Hey," Gerard said. "We just finished writing a new song. How 'bout you come over again tonight and hear it after your school shopping?"

"I'd love to," I smiled. "You guys are amazing musicians."

They flushed. "A saint," Gerard teased.

"But I'd still have to ask my dad," I pointed out.

"Do it. And even if he says no, sneak out."

"No,"

"Aw, you're no fun."

 I rolled my eyes.

"So, who's you favorite?" Gerard said coyly.

"Frank. His energy is amazing! He's running around like a five-year-old."

"What about the singer?"

"He's really weird. And he can't sing!"

He gasped. "I am hurt. But I'm sure the bassist isn't much better." He smirked.

Mikey glared at him. "I think the bassist is very nice,"

"So do I," I chimed in.

"See?!" Mikey exclaimed, motioning towards me.

"But he needs to smile more often," I said pointedly. He just waved his hand at me dismissively.

"Ouch," I said.

"He's not so awesome anymore, huh?" Gerard said with an 'I-told-you-so' tone.

"No, he's not!" I exclaimed.

"I feel betrayed," he said, a hand over his heart.

"Well, you shoulda thought about that before! Now the singer is my favorite!"

"You turned this on yourself, brother," Gerard shook his head.

Mikey hung his head in defeat and I burst out laughing.

"You guys are awesome," I giggled.

"But seriously," Gerard said with a stone-cold expression. "Who's your favorite?"