Chapter 21; No Bitch. You Get the Couch.

In honor of our favorite bass player's birthday tomorrow, I decided to move my lazy ass and update. I don't like this chapter very much, but hey. Maybe you guys will.

"Hey," he said sheepishly, running a hand through his hair.

"What - what are you doing here?" I stammered.

"I just... I needed to see you." I stared at him. He sighed, "Can I talk to you out here?"

"Sure," I stammered. "Just give me a second." He nodded and stepped back a little. Still completely dumbfounded, I stuck my head back into the house to quickly yell to Mikey.

"Hey, um, I have to step out for a second. I'll be right back!"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Where are you going?"

"Just the front porch. I'll be fine.  'Kaythanksbye." I slammed the door unintentionally and flinched. Jordan was sitting on the steps with his back to me. I cautiously went over to sit next to him. We sat there in an awkward silence for a while until I finally spoke up.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"I, uh, actually thought you were going to slam the door in my face so I'm not sure what to say first."

"Figure something out."

He looked at his lap and twiddled his thumbs. "I guess the first thing I need to say is sorry."

"For what?"

"Uh," he said in a strained voice. "Calling you a whore. You know, a while ago."

"Oh. That."

"Yeah."

I sighed, playing with a piece of my hair. Avoiding eye contact, I said, "Well I don't know if I completely forgive you or not yet, but you definitely deserve some credit for coming all the way over here and apologizing in person."

"Is this the part where I get to explain myself?"

"I guess so."

" 'Kay great," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Well, to put it simply, I was jealous. I, uh, thought you liked Mikey so I just kind of freaked out. And I've regretted it since."

"Then why didn't you say anything until now?"

"I don't know, honestly. After a while, I grew a pair and came here." I didn't have anything to say but it didn't matter because he kept talking. "When we came to visit a couple months ago I may or may not have had a little crush on you and I thought I could finally tell you about it. But then I saw you with Mikey and it just really upset me, for lack of a better word."

"Okay, sorry, but I have to say something. I thought our break up was mutual. What happened?"

"I don't know. It kind of happened after you left, actually. It was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. Or maybe I just wanted what I couldn't have? I don't know, it was stupid either way."

I tried to make sense of this in my head. "So let me get this straight. You don't like me? Not to sound snobby or anything."

A ghost of a smile was on his face. "No offense, but no. Plus you deserve someone way better than me. Mikey has my blessing, even though he certainly doesn't need it."

I raised an eyebrow. "Then why would you give it to him?"

"I've just always wanted to say that."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, Jordan. You silly thing you." There was a more comfortable silence after that, but I broke it by asking a question that had been bothering me for a while. "So how are Alexa and Jason?"