Being geek

Chapter 1

I walked into college solely as i held my books in one hand and my bag hooked off my shoulder. I felt eyes on me as i continued to walk down the hall all my ears could hear was snickering and laughing and whispers of dope, dork and GEEK!

Which unfortunately was a famous nickname for me here in this college. Yes! People called me geek , i loved to study and i was not like those girls who wore make up and fancy clothes and wake up every morning to impress. I was the average, casual teen who preferred jeans and tops and t shirts and jackets .

I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose whilst making my way slowly to science class until a group of boys ran passed and nudged me teasingly as the books from my hands hit the floor as i crouched to my knee to lift them hearing them laugh and snicker filled tears in my eyes but very forcefully i held them back which formed a lump at the back of my throat.

This was college life for me!

It sucked!

Big time!

But there was nothing i could do apart from quietly enduring all the harassment.
I stood on my two feet and continued to walk into class finding a seat far away from the class as possible i sat down and buried my face in my book before anyone spotted me to play victim in another cruel prank.
After a short period of time the teacher walked in with no spirit to teach whatsoever. I didn't blame her. The students here created chaos and havoc everyday. They were out of control sometimes.

The class started to fill numerously as students continued to walk in and find there seats. I watched them silently but not wanting to make eye contact with anyone of them.
Suddenly my heart beated intensely against my now penetrating chest as i watched HIM walk in.

Zac Anderson!

Your typical school badboy who had every girl in every corner swooning. Im pretty sure every girl volunteered to sleep with him as if it was a good going club. It was hard not to resist him and i cant deny i did not have a crush on him myself.

Well it started of as a crush until he was seated next to me last semester. And he was the only one who didn't treat me like i was invisible. Of course we talked .....numbers.
Yep we were seat partners in calculus and the only words that existed in our partial conversations consisted of"division" "subtract" and "addition".

I didn't have the courage to say anything else apart from that let alone express my stupid feelings. I could not do it. He didn't mistreat me nor did he complain sitting next to me. We had a good year which is why my crush on him continued growing.

After our 6 weeks break in the summer we were now in our 3rd year of college and unfortunately he was not my partner. Now he didn't even know I existed. This is the reason that deprived me expressing my feelings.

But apart from all the horrible college experience there was one good thing in my life which i was externally grateful for. My best friend Austin. The one person who didn't see me as just Abby the geek. He saw right through me and never let me belittle myself. Me and Austen were friends since kindergarten and our finger painting days. I cant remember a single day where we did not hang out. Also he was the good looking from me and him.
Austen was friends with Zac and they hung around often because of their fathers being business partners but that did not stop his affection for me. I also did not mind them being friends nor was i worried zacs badboy effect to rub on Austen. Just because they were friends they were the total opposites of each other.

Zac came across as hard and confident. Austen was also confident but he never came across hard nor wanted anyone to fear him like Zac did.

No one cared about me and my feelings the way Austen did. Thats why we have been best friends ever since and always will.