Heart broken

Chapter 2

"You have a crush on Zac, Zac Anderson?"He gasped i take it he didn't take this discovery very well as I expected. Austin maybe his friend but he knew all about Zac and his badboy reputation and well ...was not very pleased with it.

I watched him yell at me and all i could do was nod. I had nothing to say to him now because this was how i felt and i nor him could change that. In that moment Austin suddenly became quiet as he sighed in defeat and came and sat down next to me and nudged my shoulder teasingly.
"So when did this happen?"he asked quietly. I realised from his tone he had now accepted the fact that i was in love with Zac.

"Since 3rd grade"i replied after a short pause.

"Oh right, so why dont you tell him that?"he suggested. My eyes opened wide in horror as i turned my face to him.

"What? No way! Are you mad Austin?"i snapped completely shocked by his response.

"Oh come on ab's what if he likes you back? I know hes got a badboy personality but deep down hes a cool guy. I mean ive known him for a long time. He may mess around with girls but thats only because he has not found anything serious and what if he is looking for something serious and that is you?"he said with a hint of satisfaction with his words.

"Nah ah! No! A girl like me? Be his something serious? You are crazy Austin i always knew you were but now I actually believe it" i sarcastically replied with a smirk. Austin rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on! When are you going to stop thinking low of yourself? Your a great girl and any guy would be lucky have you." After a short pause trying to read my expression on my face he said "Look if you tell him it might be a good thing for you. He might feel something back i mean you did sit together for calculus. And you need to stop being shy. Trust me ill be there with you ok so your not nervous and plus guys like a confident girl. He will be taken aback by your sudden confidence "he said holding my hand and slowly stroking the back of it with the tip of his thumb. My nerves got the best of me.

I looked at him and sighed.

"Ok fine! I will do it BUT promise you'll be there with me?" I said to him seriously.

He chuckled "i promise and im always with you"he smiled. His smile suddenly made me feel relaxed and i felt like everything will be okay. I mean how bad could it be. I trust Austin and he knows Zac really well so maybe it wont be as bad as it sounds.

I just had to follow Austin's instincts and trust him.

...................

The next morning i woke up regularly at 6:34 in the morning and took a shower the orange juice was a mission to get out my hair, after the shower i jumped in my skinny jeans and threw on a pink casual top with a blue jacket. I left my hair open and clipped my fringe back.

I hesitatingly looked at my makeup box which ridiculously i only owned mascara and lip Gloss. I could not do makeup at all but i just quickly clotted on some mascara. Soon after i was ready I grabbed my books and bag and made my way to school.

............

The first thing i saw as i stepped in too college was Zac. He was stood against his locker talking to his friends, who were also a part of his football team and shared the same bad boy status as him.

Not surprising.

I took a big breath, i was going to do it. All night Austins words swam repeatedly in my head and clouded my thoughts. With the last thought I gathered the strength and began to walk towards him with my feeble and jelly like knees. My mind constantly telling me stop and turn and never look back but my heart telling me otherwise. I didn't doubt my love for Zac one bit. I was fully aware that we were different beings but even opposites attract right?