Breaking up !

Chapter 18

I woke up to a sudden continuous knocking in the morning as i got up scrunching my eyes. I moaned in frustration and clapped my hands on my ears.

I shuffeld in bed as the banging got louder.

"Erghh alright keep your hair on"i groaned grabbing my glasses and putting them on and hoping of the bed towards the door.

I opened the door to see Austin standing there as he walked in. I was shook.

Was not expecting him.

"Austin? what are you doing here so early"i asked yawning as i sat back in bed cuddling with my blanket.

"Abs have you seen the time?"he asked as he sat down on my bed as i looked at my clock .

"I know its school time but what are you doing here in the first place "i asked looking at his face. As the memory of the kiss made my cheeks turn red.

"Oh i wanted to talk to you"he said casually.

"Ok so tell me quick"i said not wanting to make us feel nervous as we were feeling already.

"Ok abby ...."he paused and breathed .

He walked up to me and sat down in front of me as he gently took my hands in his.

"Abby i am so sorry about what happened yesterday it really wasn't suppsed to happen"he said not even giving me eye contact.

My heart broke.

Austin thought the kiss was a mistake. He felt nothing for me. I was just a friend to him. I should of known. Instead i was sat here thinking that it meant something to him.

My love for him changed into something deep. Intense love. But for him i was just a friend. How could i have been so stupid to think he would actually like me differently.

But I couldn't let my feelings come between Austin and i. I already had messed it up previously. I wasn't going to screw it up again.

"I get it Austin. I understand but i hope it hasn't changed anything between us, i still want us friends you know"i said sadly. Inside my heart was broken. Into tiny little pieces. And it was all my fault.

Now i know there can be nothing between us. I might as well act normal.

"No one can ever take you away from me abs we have been friends since finger painting days and i would never break our friendship"he said as i smiled. A broken smile.

A smile just to reassure him i was okay. When i was totally not!

"And dont break up with Zac. Hes good for you. I dont think anyone will keep you happier but Zac. He deserves you." Austin said as he placed his hand on my cheek. I looked into his eyes and the love i had for him came swimming back. I felt it. I felt his warm and tender touch, i just felt like screaming and crying. Before my tears started building up in my eyes i looked away and smiled as i held his hand that was on my cheek and put it down and held his hand.

"Austin why are you so nice"i chuckled

"But Austin its not about choosing. Your my best friend. I shouldn't be able to choose"i said

"I know ..but just do it for me yeah"he said as i looked at him and gulped and then moved my eyes away from his face again.