•Chapter Twenty-Two•

I stare smiling at the daisies Tobias bought me which at currently sitting on the widows sill of my bedroom.

The curtains are drawn of course, for my own safety, but the daisies sit in front of them in a vase filled with water, on display. I'm not worried that anyone will see because no one even comes into my room anyway.

Today has gone surprisingly fast. I haven't done anything but lounge around in my room. I read two books and had a nap as yesterday caught up with me and I felt unreasonable tired all day.

It's now dinner time and I'm currently playing solitaire with my set of cards in the middle of my bedroom. I look up at my clock to see it's half past five.

Four and a half hours to go until I go see Tobias. I think to myself before looking down at my cards. It's looks like I'm failing again and I'm stuck. I have no patience at all...

"Dinner, Madame!" Roberts voice calls from the door. I spring to my feet and run over to the door doing a skid on the floor on the way as I was in socks. I open the door to see him smiling.

"Thank you Robert!" I say not bothered to ask him to call me Beatrice like always. Walking next to him to the dining room I have a skip in my step. I'm just so happy at the moment. Usually I eat alone as the others always have meetings at this time or eat them later.

On the other hand I try to eat as many meals in here as possible ever since I returned to the castle. It's a beautiful room and I don't want it to sit unused and covered in a blanket of dust.

I eat my lamb roast alone after begging some of the servants to join me but they politely declined. I roll my eyes. Of course.

Finished, I look at the clock in the corner and see it's now quarter to six, the second hand going agonisingly slow.

I trudge upstairs not knowing what to do with myself to pass time. I open  my door and my eyes widen with panic as I see who is in my room.

"What are you doing here, Peter?" I ask and his head turns and he smirks at me.

"I want to get to know you." He says but I don't believe him. He pats the bed next to him, a gesture for me to sit next to him.

I ignore him. "Why?" I press. He never wanted anything to do with me before.

"Is it a crime to want to be friends with a great girl?" He smiles and I frown.

"I don't want to be friends." I mumble and walk to my dressing table and start brushing my hair, ignoring him.

"Awh, princess." I see him stand up from the refection of the mirror. "Don't be like that."

He starts walking towards me and I just brush my hair faster and keep my eyes on my reflection.

"Please, give me a chance." He comes too close for my liking and placing his rotten hands on my hips making my shoulders hunch up. He chuckles at my reaction to him. "I don't bite." He's so close I feel him breath on my neck.

That's it. I turn around and push him off me hard. "Please get out." I grit, my jaw cleched in anger.

"But I- ooh where did you get these flowers from?" He walks over to the daisies and reaches a hand to stroke the petals but I don't let him get that far.

"Get. Out. Now." I snap. He chuckles at me but thankfully did as I said and left. I place a hand over my racing heart that was thumping powerfully. And not in a good way. He gives me the creeps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The time had finally come and I could go see Tobias. The best time of the day.

Hearing Peter's light turn off I put some blue flats on, grab my torch and tip toe down the corridor being especially careful around Caleb's room.

Once I get downstairs I start walking with a skip in my step once again. Placing a hand on my chest, I check I still have the key and smile when I feeling the metal object pressing into the skin above my heart.

"Madame?" A voice calls and I know it's Robert. I freeze in my tracks. Shit. What so he still doing here, at this time? "Beatrice, what are you doing up?"

I smack a smile on my face and turn around to see Robert's worn out face. "I just needed a glass of water, that's all."

He furrows his eyebrows. "With a torch?" He asks pointing at my hand.

"I didn't want to wake everyone up with the light..." I say, inwardly cringing at my terrible excuse.

He narrows his eyes at me as if he doesn't believe me but thankfully lets it go. "Okay, let me get you som-"

"No, I'll get it Robert, you go to sleep. You need to rest." I say and place a hand on his back, patting it.

He tries to argue but he looks too tired so he just agrees and walks off. I take a breath of relief. Phew! That could've turned out much, much worse.

Once I hear the door click shut I turn back to my rout to the ballroom. I put the key in the lock and turn it relishing the fresh air hitting me like I do every evening. I look around with my torch to search for Tobias.

"Tris, over here!" I hear him call and see him walking towards me. He once again pulls me into a hug like yesterday. This time I'm not as surprised and make the most of my time in him arms. My favourite place to be. "I have some things to tell you." He says as we pull away.

"Listening." I say as we take a seat on the floor, side by side.

"I was walking home from work when I saw Eric and Max -Dauntless leaders- having a very close talk and looked like they didn't want to be followed. So, naturally, I followed." He says.

I nod, remembering my almost encounter with them before Will grabbed me.

"I saw them welcoming a woman from Erudite in and I think she is their leader but I'm not too sure. She had blonde short hair." He tells me.

"You could ask Will. He came from Erudite." I say and he shrugs.

"I don't think he likes me..." Tobias scratches the back of his neck, awkwardly. "I'm kinda a different person around my initiate group."

I laugh remembering Will, Christina and Al talking about how grumpy and annoying 'Four' was and I had no idea who he was.  "Ask him anyway. Tell them I say hi too." I say. "What do you think they were talking about?"

"I don't know but it can't be good." Tobias says and leaning back on his hands looking at me in awe and I look down blushing.

"I was almost caught by Robert on my way." I tell him and his eyebrows shoot up. "He was working late I presume and he asked me where I was going. I told him I was just getting a drink and he went to bed." I look down again, embarrassed I almost got our plan foiled.

He grabs my chin gently with his thumb and forefinger, pulling my gaze up to his dazzling eyes.  "You need to be more careful." He whispers.

"I know." I mumble not taking my eyes off his. "Sorry."

"It wasn't your fault. Don't apologise." He mutters. His hand moves from my chin to my neck, caressing it with his hand.

My heart rate picked up, but this time in a good way. I love the effect he has on my body.

"I-I need to tell you something." He sighs, his breath fanning my face.

I hum telling him to continue. He takes a deep breath and speaks.

"I like you Tris." He says, his eyes full of adoration and worry. "A lot."

And before I know it, his lips are on mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Sorry for not updating but I have a lot on my plate right now!

Also sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger! They kissed!

This story has reached 18k views! Thank you all so much, it means the world to me! <3

Leave a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! ;)