•Chapter Thirty-One•

I'm frozen. She's beautiful. Her strawberry blonde hair hanging effortlessly down her shoulders and her beautiful blue eyes looking at me, full of concern.

She is everything I'm not. Tall. Curvy. Gorgeous.

She's someone who would look good on Tobias' arm, someone who looks just as beautiful as him. They would look perfect together.

"Wait," The girl speaks, moving her eyes from me to Tobias, to my dress, then to Tobias again in disbelief. "Is this who I think it is?"

I look at Tobias confused but all he is doing is smiling down at me in shock. Does she recognise me as the princess?

Tobias grins and puts his arm around me, proudly. "Tris, I'd like you to meet Shauna. She's my... best friend, I guess."

I partially relax at the words 'Best friends', I need to stop jumping to conclusions. But also a sense of disappointment sprouts within me. I don't really know why.

Maybe it's because I forgot Tobias has friends of his own. Maybe it's because I thought I was the only important girl in his life. Or maybe because this girl- Shauna is gorgeous- much more than me.

Suddenly Shauna squeals and runs over to me, pulling me into a hug. When she lets go I can see Tobias sniggering at her eagerness.

"I've heard so much about you!" She says and I smile.

"Good things I hope." I reply, relaxing. I'm still on edge though. Who is this girl, and who is she to Tobias? I hope Tobias wasn't lying when he said they were just friends.

"Oh yes, of course! You should hear him!" She says, jerking her thumb towards him. "'Tris this, Tris that'!" She imitates Tobias in a high up voice and I laugh. "You should've seen the state of him when he saw the news on this royal wedding-"

Tobias' eyes widen in panic as he interrupts her by putting his hand over her mouth. "Alright, that's enough." He says roughly before pulling his hand away as fast as he put it there. "Argh!You licked me!" He says disgusted.

"You should've thought about that before putting your hand over my mouth, you idiot." She rolls her eyes.

"Shauna, will you please leave?" Tobias says as he pulls me in and gestures to the door. I giggle at how blunt he is. "I need to speak to Tris, in private."

"Four, don't be so rude." She huffs and goes to the sofa to grab her black coat.

"What?" Tobias says pretending to be offended. "I said please."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll go." She huffs putting her arms threw the holes of her coat. "It was nice meeting you, Tris!" She calls before Four closes the door behind her.

He turns around and we look at each other for a bit awkwardly. He opens his mouth a few times before closing it abruptly, at a loss for words.

"I guess, you'll be wanting an explanation..." I say, breaking the silence while lookin down at my horrible dress and poking my feet out from under it.

He doesn't answer so I look up and he just staring at my face in absolute awe before he smirks mischievously. "I can think of something better to do."

Before I can ask what, his lips are on mine and he pushes me gently against the closed door. I respond to the kiss almost instantly. I've missed this. I've missed him. I've missed us.

Eventually we pull away breathless, his hands on my waist and mine wrapped around his neck. I don't even remember putting them there.

"You..." He kisses my cheek. "Have..." He kisses my other cheek. "No idea...How...happy...I am...to see you."He repeats alternated between cheeks on every word.