•Chapter Twenty-Nine•

It's been three weeks since I met Uriah and things have been better. I'm allowed out for meetings now, about our wedding but it seems there is no point me being there because they do all the planning while I have to just sit there patiently.

Yesterday, I got my wedding dress fitted. It's horrible. It's way too puffy and lacey for my liking. It's currently hung up in my wardrobe and I want to do nothing more than to go rip it to pieces.

It's a constant reminder of what I could've had with Tobias.

My heart throbs at the thought of him and I wonder what he is doing every moment. Is he thinking of me too? Or has he just moved on to another girl? The thought makes me unbelievably sad.

No, he wouldn't. We have something special and I love him too much bare to see him with another girl.

Wait...what?

Love? Since when did I start using that word while thinking of Tobias? Do I love him?

Deep down I know the answer. Of course I love him. He means everything to me and I would do anything to have him back.

"Tris?" A voice says sharply and I jump out my skin. I place a hand to my chest, trying to calm my beating heart and look up to see Uriah smirking mischievously.

"Uriah! Don't do that...you scared me!" I exclaim and hit him lightly in the arm. I guess I was too deep in thought to realise that he had entered. "And what are you doing here? You know I have to stay in here by myself!"

"Sorry!" He surrenders but I can tell he's trying not to laugh. "I just had an amazing idea that I need to share with you!"

"What is it?" I sigh crossing my legs to get comfy.

"Let's run away together!" He enthuses and jumps down next to me.

"What?!" I splutter. I know he doesn't want to get married and now all of a sudden he wants to elope?

"No! I didn't mean...together-together!" He rolls his eyes and I'm taken back at how similar he is to Tobias. "I mean, you're great and all...but don't feel that way-"

"Uriah, get to the point!"

"Okay, Okay! No need to get angry!" He says, and I roll my eyes impatiently. I don't know how he seems to stay calm and happy throughout all this. "I meant...you can run away to your man and I'll run to Marlene."

"And how's that going to work?" I ask, unsure. I've thought about this in the past few weeks but I came to the conclusion, there was no way I was getting out this castle ever again. "You know tomorrow is the wedding right?"

"Of course I know that!" He says and flips his imaginary hair. "And that, my friend,  is when we are going to run."

"Huh?"

"Think about it..." He starts. "They will have to let you out, it's your- our wedding day and the gates will be open so guests can arrive!"

"Yes, and there will be guards monitoring everyone who enters and exits." I remind him.

"Don't worry about that- I have a plan!" He shrugs it off. I give him a unsure look.

This won't work. Will it?

"So, what do you say?" Uriah asks, his eyes glimmering with excitement.

I hesitate, biting my lip. Last time I took a chance like this it resulted worse than before. But maybe it was worth it, just to see Tobias for a bit? Just the thought of him made my heart sing. Then I knew I had made my decision.