Chapter 24 - You Found Me

Obi's P.O.V.

My brown hair stuck to my forehead as I sliced through a gush of wind in a high speed, following a horse's footsteps in the mud. Small pellets of water shot from the sky, creating pools below my feet yet I jumped over them with ease.

I blinked a couple of times, rain beginning to fall more heavily above my head making it harder for me to see. I zoomed through, continuing to follow the endless path of horseshoe prints. My body began to tense with anxiety as to where she was.

'Such an idiot, an assassin being kidnapped?'

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I growled, fatigue beginning to overcome my body as I desperately fought to stay awake. With each coming breath taking away each ounce of strength in that reside within me. "Your determination is obnoxious." A voice chuckled. "Why don't you just sleep?"

Not having enough strength to reply, I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I shut it, keeping my gaze stuck to the ground. A foul odour still filled the room, the burning gaze of the guards staring at me and the ropes around my body tightening each time I inhaled. The conditions in this cell could hardly be more austere than it already, until I felt droplets of rain begin to seep through the barred window and onto the top of my head.

I felt the cold liquid seep down my hair and onto my neck making me shivering slightly due to the cold texture.

I swallowed hard, turning my gaze to a smirking figure of man with a sharp, silver dagger in the tight grip of his right hand. He tilted his head to the right and met my burning eyes shooting arrows of blazing fire towards him. "I'm bored." He grinned and I felt my body tense at my situation I was placed in. "There's no point in trying.. you won't be able to move a muscle."

I hissed, watching as he placed a hand on my chin and lifted my face inches away from his. "Such a place is not for a princess to be in, hm?" I attempted to jerk my head back but his grip was too strong. "If you agree to my terms, and become mine, I'll let you have all the luxuries in the world."

"Never." I answered bluntly, his grip faltered and he rose an eyebrow. "I would never give myself to the likes of you."

He chucked my head backwards and I felt a sharp blade slide across my thigh. I coughed, but pushed the pain away, feeling a trance come over me of clairvoyance. I wanted to scream, not of the pain, but of the vision I was seeing.

---

Broken, the familiar man kneeled on the floor with a shaking body, confusion seeping through his veins and he looked as if to be a dying flower.

Itsuki..

Betrayal, remorse, so many emotions he felt as he placed a single black rose on the gravestone in front of him. He still shivered, not from the cold, but from sadness and shock. His white hair covered his eyes and he pushed away his fringe to reveal blood red eyes.

"I refuse to believe that she's dead.." He stuttered, as he stood up. "She c-can't be gone."

A figure pushed past, fuming with rage. "She's not dead!" He shouted, his brown hair sweeping to one side to reveal blood seeping through his bandages. Gathering the courage to speak he opened his mouth. "She can't be dead over something like this. I can't- no I won't hear her own brother not believe in her!"

After these words, he tried to push himself forward to attack the one with white hair, blinded with a crave for revenge, but a particular man with blue hair and a girl with golden held him back, his strength on an uncontrollable level. "Get ahold of yourself!" Mitsuhide shouted in anger. "You're acting like a monster!"

A girl with short red hair covered her mouth and edged herself backwards to be comforted by the man she loved. Her green eyes glittered with tears as Zen held her tightly in his arms.

---

"N-no.." I stuttered and looked around watching the scene change back to the current time. My vision blurred slightly and I shook my head to wake myself up. Turning my gaze I noticed the guards lying on the floor motionless, my gate door wide open. I did not think of escape at that moments but rather, the thought of the only one person was who I wanted to see. "O-Obi.."

"You called?"

I turned my slowly head to face him. His yellow eyes flashed at the sight of me, and his figure relaxed in comfort as he walked towards me. Slicing the roped that tied me to this pole in an instant, he said nothing, remaining deadly silent. I thanked him, and he offered me a hand to help me up. I took it, but crumbled back to the floor before I could get to my feet.

He turned towards me gently grabbing my arm to help be up but I winced at the pain. Immediately he retracted his hand, but a warm red liquid stained his hand like paint. His eye twitched and widened and he stared at his hand for a brief moment before he pulled up the sleeve of my t-shirt to reveal small marks across them. "W-what the hell is this?" He hissed. His normally calm and cheerful demeanour had been replaced with a contorted face, consumed in anger in its purest form. His eyes gleamed a blood red, and then closed into slits, the size of scars across my body.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out.

Expression darkened, he swallowed. "T-they will pay for this.."

He stood up and walked to a guard grabbing him by the collar and asking who had done this to me. I shouted at Obi to stop and leave the person alone, and he finally did. "Calm down, it's alright, I'll live. Can we just go back to the castle?"

He growled, shoving the guard back down to the floor and I looked up at him, slightly terrified and a man I recognised, acting as if I didn't know him.

I tried to bring myself to my feet, my legs covered in the same marks using the wall to help myself up I felt Obi try to help me too, after shooting me the tiniest of smiles. I sighed, grinning back, finally to my feet. "An assassin getting kidnapped huh?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." I muttered and then chuckled hearing the sound of hooves and then a loud, smashing sound. I yelped, and grabbed onto Obi's moss green shirt. He was surprised himself, but then gave a dumfounded expression

"Princess (Y/N)! Are you alright?!" They all shouted at different times and I laughed.

"I-"

"She needs to get some medical treatment for her cuts, immediately." Obi commanded and I turned to him, flashing him a death glare. They nodded and began to talk amongst themselves, a few medics who had tagged along in case this happened dismounting their horses.

"I didn't want to make a big fuss of it!" I hissed quietly, but loud enough for only Obi to hear.

"Yes, well the only thing that concerns me right now is your well-being. No matter the 'fuss' it causes." Obi looked at me and his eyes widened once he released what he had just said. "Not that I care or anything."

"Awh! How sweet of you~" I smiled and pinched the cat's cheek and he swatted my hand away before I turned back to the group of guards talking, one of them walking towards me with a medical box in his grasp.