Chapter 35 - Happy Birthday, (Y/N).

My eye twitches, and I twist my head in a quick motion towards the window. An icy shiver travels down my spine as I sense the approaching thunderstorm.

I keep my hands pressed together, dried tears stained accross my face as I sit on a red stool, glancing at the brown door that led into the room of Ms Rita.

I twiddle my thumbs, a strange sense of deja vu washes over me. "Yo." I lift my head up to see Obi walking towards me, his hands behind his head. "How's Ms Rita doing?"

"The doctor is looking at her now.." I turn away. "Obi?"

"Mhm?"

"I-I think you should go back to Clarines." I say, sitting up straight. "You have more important business to attend to."

Dammit what a shit excuse.

The real reason why I want him to go, was the fact that I could barely think straight when I was around him. Every time he was near me I wanted to curl up into a tiny ball in the corner.

"(Y/N)?" He asks, a look of genuine concern painted accross his face. "You look sick, are you alright?" He moves closer to me and I edge backwards in my seat, my heart beating out of my chest. He places a hand on my forehead and I accidentally let out a small scream, causing him to immediately retract his hand. I felt my body shaking, my pink face turning a deeper shade of scarlet red.

"Please, Obi." I murmur, my mixed emotions coming out as tears. "Just go."

The cat-like man stands up straight and then places his hands in his pockets. His amber eyes gleam brightly giving off sharp rays, and a strange demeanour that is unlike him circles around him.

He twists his body around and looks over his shoulder, his eyes don't appear to be it's normal colour, it looked blood red. "I see how it is." He mutters bitterly, and I notice him gripping something in his pocket. "If you want me to go, I will."

"I-I don't know what I'm saying anymore." I explain and my vision blurrs. "I'm sorry, I just don't understand myself."

'I only dream of you.'

"I'm sorry." I murmur, repeating the phrase and crumble to my feet.

'and you never knew.'

I look up, eyes smarting.

His body relaxes slightly and he turns around walking towards me again, pulling the item out of his pocket. "Now, now." He sighs takes hold of my hand, placing a bracelet around my wrist. "Who cries on their birthday?"

"My Birthday?" I ask as he gently holds my hand in his.

Obi eyes soften and he smiles, I admire at the bracelet and felt another tear fall from my eye. "Thank you."

"Mhm, you should be thanking me." He loosens his grip, letting go of my hand and places it on his hip. "I had competite in a tournament just for that- it's not even that nice."

I playfully slap his head. "Don't say that, it's beautiful."

He shrugs and flashes a goofy grin, making me return it with a small smile. "Ms Rita will be fine, don't you worry." He ruffles my hair. "This is her we're talking about."