Chapter 30 - Not At All

A cold wind brushes past my nose, leaving myself colder than I was in the first place. "Disgusting." I muttered, shaking off the blood from my sword. "You're pals sure do spill a lot of blood." I sighed glancing at my attire. "Awh, it's on my clothes as well! This was a new outfit too, what a shame."

"I'm sure you get the point now." I smirked and the man began to cower back in fear, letting out short yet sharp breaths. "We don't want anyone getting in on this do we? It could cause a lot of trouble for me, and for you."

The sound of footsteps that I recognised all to well, complimented with a soothing voice. I sighed, one hand on my hip, the other with my sword. She giggled before speaking."Now, now Yui. You've had your fun, don't patronise the poor guy."

"Took you long enough, Torou." I sighed as she placed one hand on my shoulder, the other handing me a white handkerchief for my katana.

"Thanks." I sigh and begin cleaning my sword. The man scurried away in fear as more footsteps approached us from behind.

"Could you have made anymore of a mess?" I heard Hideki shout and I turn around with my eyebrow raised, seeing Obi leaning against a wall in the alleyway behind him. His faced was covered up per usual, his eyes covered by a dark shadow. Akiya however, gave a short wave after peeking from behind Hideki.

"Shut it, demon." I glare at him, hearing Obi snicker. "I did what you asked me to do, the problem is solved. He won't do anymore illegal trading, I'm sure of it." I unsheathe my katana and attach it to my belt.

"Who are you? The good guy, or the bad? I can't tell." He mutters as I walk past him, patting him on the shoulder.

"That's probably for the best."

"Alright, enough talk. Let's go collect the reward already." Obi states and follows me from behind.

○○○

I blinked a couple of times, my eyes slowly drifting open. The softness of the mattress I lay on was heavenly, and I felt the headache that I usually would receive when I awoke, wasn't stinging my head. A bright light seeped through the edges of my curtains, and danced along the wooden floor until it hit my eyes, blinding me for a couple of moments.

"What a strange memory." I mumble, and as soon as I say this I hear a knock on my door.

"Your majesty, good morning." A high pitched voice calls and I stuff my face into my pillow again. "May I come in?"

"Go ahead." I shout and the door clicks open.

"How are you this morning?" She asked and I lift myself up from my pillow, eyes still drooping.

"Not that much sleep per usual." I respond, letting my feet touch the cold wooden floor to pull myself up. "Not to worry about, I'll probably get some back in Clarines. What about you, Naomi?"

She giggles in response. "Good thank you, Miss."

Naomi, I had known her from eleven years ago. She was only sixteen when she started working at Kalendra Castle, a year before it burned down.

So she's twenty-nine now huh?

"Miss (Y/N), wasn't there a red-headed fellow you brought as well with you to Clarines?" Naomi asked, placing down some freshly washed clothes.

"Yes, there was. He dissapeared." I explained. "It's not surprising. He's always been like that."

"Oh, I see." She said. "I'll help you get changed, your majesty. I brought the clothes that you asked for."