Chapter 27 - Returning to Kalendra

'I felt my heart heavily beat and increase in pace. I swallowed as we stared at each other for a few long moments, as our faces began to draw closer, my heart beat faster on an impossible level. My chest felt as if it was a bomb about to explode, my heart screaming to gain control over my body's every movement.

Something was telling me to pull back, bright yellow warning signals went off at the back of my head, I was so confused but couldn't feel anything. My body was numb and my mind was paralysed from utter shock. Our faces were so close, but I couldn't see his eyes, they were covered by his black fringe. Soon enough I saw his eyes, as our foreheads pressed against each others, the coldness of his forehead compared greatly to the warmth of mine.'

My heavy eyelids began to flutter open, and I began lifting up my head. Almost instantly, the warm sun beamed its harsh rays and blinded me for a couple of seconds, my vision blurring slightly. A cool breeze brushed past my nose and I had to blink a couple of times to fully regain my vision.

Shards of memories I don't want to remember..

"I see you're awake."

The sound of hooves scraping the dirt beneath them hit my ears in the background of the familiar voice. "Obi..?" I yawned while patting his head, before I looked down to see one of my arms around him.. wait what.

My eye twitched and I internally screamed remembering the dream I just had. Blood rushed up through my veins to my face and I felt it transform a scarlet red. Butterflies swirled around in my stomach and my body began to shake. I retracted my hand letting out a small yelp, nearly falling of the horse but just about regained my balance before anyone could notice- except Obi.

Though he began laughing instead of shouting at me. "You're such an idiot, what the hell was that?"

My face, still glowing a bright hue was turning an ever deeper shade of red. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. After regaining my breath, I looked up and in to see Kalendra castle in the distance, glad it wouldn't be too far from here, about ten minutes or so.

If you looked to the right you could see the beautiful view of a large kingdom below you. Rows of neatly arranged trees on each side of the streets and water that surrounded this beautiful area like a moat. A couple of stone bridges over the river, and you could even see the streets filled with people, children and adults alike.

I couldn't help but smile at the view of my own kingdom.

Taking one more glance at the kingdom below, I put myself at ease. 

An annoying high pitched sound hit my ears and I turned my head to the source to see the black castle gates with a gold spike at the top being pushed open by a couple of guards on duty. I smiled warmly as our horses stopped in their tracks once we were inside. Once he had dismounted his horse, the head of the guard's search party  walked up to us and smiled. "We shall take the horses, your majesty."

I thanked and nodded whilst Obi jumped off the horse, then helping me down. As soon as my boots hit the gravel I somehow felt a sensation of tranquility within me. As soon as someone had taken our horse Obi smiled and turned to me. "You should really get the bandages around your legs replaced, should we go to the infirmary, your majesty?" he asked, mocking the head of the guards search party.

I rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine for now."

●●●

I didn't realise the moment I walked into that castle what the hell I would be put through. If I had realised what would happen - I think I'd rather have stayed kidnapped.