Chapter 10

Alexia POV

I was surprised at the amount of people at the soccer scrimmage at 10 am on a Saturday morning.  But sure enough, there were more than enough students to make a small sea of blue in the bleachers.  Marie and I grab a seat in the middle of the stands, close enough that I can see Niall's blonde head bobbing in the huddle, but not quite close enough that he can make eye contact were he to see me. 

"Marie, do you know anything about soccer?"

"Not really, I'm afraid." she replies with a smile. 

"We will be in for a treat than won't we"

"I mean let's be honest, we didn't come to watch the game, we came to watch the players." Marie says with a wink.

"Agreed" I say and we both laugh.  After a long week of school, it was nice to finally do something fun for a change- even if it was watching a sport I didn't quite understand. 

The game begins and we watch the players run down the field. Niall is in and from what I can tell so is Louis, his brown hair and slim features unmistakable in the field.  Only minutes into the scrimmage, a player breaks lose and makes a goal.  I find myself on my feet cheering. 

"GOAL!!!!! Tomlinson!" I hear over the loudspeaker.  Of course, it was Louis.  He was the all-star soccer player if I remember correctly.  I find my eyes drifting to watch Louis as he runs to the sideline, but quickly catch myself staring and turn to face Marie. 

"He may not be good at chemistry, but he sure is good at soccer." she says, receiving an eye roll from me in return.

"No wonder he's so pigheaded. He's got the whole soccer team praising him like a god." I say under my breath. 

I hear a guy behind me bust into laughter at my comment and turn to catch a glance. 

"Good one" he says with a smile.  "Sorry, for eavesdropping but I couldn't help myself." The guy has distinctive brown curls and piercing green eyes. His smile revealing his dimples. 

"He's my lab partner. Awful." The guy gives me a smile. 

"Well I'm awfully sorry about that one.  I'm Harry by the way." He offers out his hand for Marie and I.

"Alexia, and this is my friend Marie."

A shorter girl walks and sits down next to Harry as he is introducing himself.  She gives us a warm and friendly smile. 

"This is my girlfriend, Leah.  Leah, this is Alexia and Marie." 

"Nice to meet you girls.  Here watching someone in particular?" Leah asks. 

"No..."

"Niall, she's here watching Niall." Marie interrupts me before I have a chance to finish. 

"Oh, Horan...you guys are a thing?" Leah asks.

"We just went on a date, nothing serious." I reply, surprised at my openness with someone that I had met only seconds before. 

"I've heard he's quite the charmer." She says in a voice I can't quite tell is joking or serious. 

"Well, we will let you get back to enjoying the game.  I'll be listening for some more Tomlinson jokes." Harry says with a smile. 

Marie and I return to watching the game.  Around halftime, Niall catches my eyes in the crowd and gives me a little wave.  I wave back, but as he turns to run into the locker room,  my gaze catches the icy blue eyes of Louis, who simply gives me a stare.  I sigh loudly.

"What?" Marie says with a questioning look.  "Wasn't it good that Niall waved at you?"

"Yes of course.  But then I made eye contact with my lovely lab partner who did nothing but give me a stare down." 

"Why do you let him get to you?" Marie asks.  Of course that's the very question I keep asking myself. 

"I don't know.  The other night when we were in the lab, he made some weird comment about Niall and I feel like its in reference to that. " My mind keeps replaying the strange moment of his head. 

"Like?"

"Like to be careful because Niall was a 'flirt'".

"And you are going to take the word of a guy who has been nothing but rude to you ever since you met him?"

"I guess not." I say with a sigh.  Marie was right.  Louis was just trying to get in my head.  He was a narcissistic, big-headed soccer player who would do anything to make me feel bad about myself, and I wasn't going to take his word for anything. 

We pull of a 3-0 win.  Louis making another goal before the game is through.  Niall doesn't make any goals, but he plays well.  As Marie and I stand up she gives me a nudge. 

"Well are you gonna go congratulate him?" She asks with a smirk. 

"I don't know....I mean its not like we are dating or anything." I say shyly. 

"Go Alexia, c'mon." Marie says and I reluctantly go to the edge of the field.  Niall spots me immediately and shoots me a huge grin. 

"Alexia! You made it!" He gives me a huge hug, and I don't even care that he is all gross and sweaty. 

"Congratulations on the win" I tell him. 

"Thank you so much for coming, it really means a lot."

"Oh no problem, it was great to get out and enjoy the sun." 

"What are you doing later?" Niall asks casually. 

"I'm not sure." I say, not wanting to admit that I had nothing planned at all but definitely not opposed to Niall creating some plans for me. 

"You should come to the soccer house tonight.  There is gonna be a big party since we won our first scrimmage of the season!"

"I would love to! What time?"

"Horan! Post-Game Huddle now!" I hear the distinct accent of Louis in the background.  Niall gives me an apologetic look. 

"I've gotta go! I'll text you!" He yells as he runs to the awaiting huddle. 

"Well that looked good. " Marie says with a smirk when I meet her at the bleachers. 

"It was.  He wants me to come to a party tonight. " I say.

"That sounds fun! We should go! Get the college experience." Marie laughs.

"I mean, I guess so.  You'll come with right?" I ask..

"Party=Liam sighting, so I'm totally in." Marie says with a laugh.

"Sounds like we have plans for our night then." I say as we head back to our dorm room.

*****************

I'm trying to update more frequently and plan to have another update either tonight or tomorrow.  Also, I promise this is a mainly Louis fanfic so be patient! If you are enjoying the story, please give it a vote! Thank you for reading!!